Share A Recipe Cookbook
  Re: (...)
We have a lot of new friends here on c@h in the last few months since the Share a Recipe Cookbook has been mentioned. So, for those of you who have not heard of it, just take a minute to read this - if you'd like to.

A few years ago, a group of folks on another cooking forum got together to publish a cookbook that ALL of the profits (over costs to produce the book) go to Chef scholarships. So far we have been fortunate enough to have given one $1,000.00 scholarship from the sales of this book.

The book consists of recipes that all of us and/or our parents cooked when we were all young and had very little money. Nothing in the book is "haute cuisine" - the dishes are all just comfort foods and dishes you can prepare for families inexpensively. And let me tell you, they are all delicious.

The cost of the book is $20.50 ($18.00 + $2.50 S&H - in the U.S.) S&H is $8.00 out of the U.S.

If anyone is interested, please send me a p.m. and we'll get a book out to you right away. I'm mentioning the book at this time of year because they are also wonderful stocking stuffers!!

Here's an example of the dishes in the book - I love this one - just to whet the appetite for the book.

ROAST SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS, PEPPER & POTATOES

Recipe By: (Roberto), Kernersville, NC USA
Amounts are irrelevant - this is ultra simple and delicious.

Bell Peppers - green, red, yellow - whatever you prefer to use - cored, seeded and cut into nice chunks.
Potatoes, scrubbed & cubed into large chunks.
Large onions, of any variety, peeled and chunked.
Salt & Pepper, Olive oil
Sausage - Italian is the primary choice but this is wonderful with Kielbasa, Bratwurst, Chorizo, Andouille, whatever you can get a lot of for a little.

Combine all cut vegetables in a large foil roasting pan and drizzle with a goodly amount of olive oil, season with salt & pepper.
I add some crushed red pepper, a little Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano and mix well.
Cover with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for about an hour.

While the veggies cook, parboil your sausage in a little water in a covered pan for 15 to 20 minutes.

When veggies are starting to get nice and soft, cut the sausage into nice size pieces and add to the roasting pan.
Cover and bake 3/4 to 1 hour, then uncover & roast under the broiler, stirring occasionally, till the sausage is browning nicely and the veggies start to show signs of browning.

Serve with grated cheese, bread and a salad, or a raw vegetable antipasto, or soup, or anything.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Share A Recipe Cookbook by cjs (We have a lot of new...)
THIS IS A GREAT BOOK, PEOPLE!!! I bought one for my Mom (82 years young) and she loves it!!! Some great recipes for her---tons of comfort foods and easy to do with respect to ingredient list....
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Share A Recipe Cookbook by Roxanne 21 (THIS IS A GREAT BOOK...)
Thanks Rox.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Share A Recipe Cookbook by cjs (Thanks Rox....)
For those that need an added incentive, even I have a couple of recipes in that book, uuuuuuhhh What chew say? That's no incentive? Well, well,.......
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Share A Recipe Cookbook by bjcotton (For those that need ...)
And Billy----those recipes of yours SCREAM "THIS IS A BILLY RECIPE !!!"

Some of Mom's favorites---BTW!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Share A Recipe Cookbook by Roxanne 21 (And Billy----those r...)
I'm so glad I did this!! I've gotten two inquiries (so far ) - thank you, all you wonderful peoples!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Share A Recipe Cookbook by cjs (I'm so glad I did th...)
I've given them to my neices and nephews, they loved seeing the family recipes. Lots of great ideas there!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.