Rst'd Brussels Sprouts with Sausage & Dijon Sauce
  Re: (...)
Oh my, this was a wonderful Sunday Brunch - I just wish we'd have thought to fry up a couple eggs for the top.

[Image: Bsprouts.jpg]

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Dijon Cream Sauce
(Cuisine at home, December 2005, Issue 54, p. 25)
Makes: 6 Cups

Toss:
1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
2 cups red onions, cut into wedges
8 oz. kielbasa, 1/2 inch thick slices (subbed mini meatballs from home made bulk sausage)
2 T. olive oil
Salt and pepper

Simmer:
1/2 cup heavy cream (subbed canned milk-no heavy cream)
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 T. honey
1 t. apple cider vinegar

Preheat oven to 450°.

Toss sprouts, onions, and kielbasa in a bowl with the oil, salt, and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast 20 minutes (30 minutes was perfect), or until sprouts are tender, yet still crisp.

Simmer cream, mustard, honey, and vinegar in a saucepan over low heat for 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. To serve, spoon sauce over roasted sprouts.

-----

This one is a real repeat!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Rst'd Brussels Sprouts with Sausage & Dijon Sauce by cjs (Oh my, this was a wo...)
Can't stand Brussels sprouts, but would probably love this with broccoli, instead. Will also need to sub meatballs, since kielbasa is so expensive here, when they have it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Rst'd Brussels Sprouts with Sausage & Dijon Sa by labradors (Can't stand Brussels...)
I have made this and we enjoyed it as well!!!

I subbed Chorizo--no Kielbasa here either!! That worked beautifully.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Rst'd Brussels Sprouts with Sausage & Dijon Sa by Roxanne 21 (I have made this and...)
Now that's my idea of a great lunch, Jean. Thanks for the recipe, Ron will love this. We eat brussel sprouts at least once a week, and this combo sounds wonderful!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Rst'd Brussels Sprouts with Sausage & Dijon Sauce by cjs (Oh my, this was a wo...)
Jean I love, love, love brussel sprouts. These ones look exceptional!

I will note this recipe and make it myself!

My first issue of C@H was No. 55, I just missed this one
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Rst'd Brussels Sprouts with Sausage & Dijon Sa by Roxanne 21 (I have made this and...)
Quote:

I subbed Chorizo--no Kielbasa here either!! That worked beautifully.

Wish I could sub chorizo, but the stuff they call "chorizo" here is NOTHING like the real Spanish, Mexican, or even Portuguese kind. Instead, it's just some other kind of sausage.

That does give me an idea, though. One thing that at least comes close to the spice (if not the exact taste) of chorizo is longaniza. That just may work!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Rst'd Brussels Sprouts with Sausage & Dijon Sa by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
where's the a will, there is a way lab!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Rst'd Brussels Sprouts with Sausage & Dijon Sa by cjs (where's the a will, ...)
We eat brussel sprouts at least once a week

Same here. Thanks, Jean!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Rst'd Brussels Sprouts with Sausage & Dijon Sa by Lorraine (We eat brussel sprou...)
We flipped for the leftovers for breakfast this a.m. - he won... (and, he's going to put an egg on top!!)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Rst'd Brussels Sprouts with Sausage & Dijon Sa by cjs (We flipped for the l...)
Lovely, thank you.