ISO Steamed chocolate pudding recipe
  Re: (...)
I used to make this long ago - then I lost my mold in a move at least 20 years ago, and I found a new mold so I'm looking for a new recipe and believe it or not I've forgotten how I used the mold. I'm thinking in a stock pot elevated somehow above the water but I really can't remember. Any suggestions will be welcomed.
  Re: ISO Steamed chocolate pudding recipe by lxxf (I used to make this ...)
Here's one from Gale Gand - don't know how close it is to your old one, but it's been in my stack for a while...

Steamed Chocolate Pudding Cake
Gale Gand,

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Thickly butter 8 ovenproof ramekins, coffee cups, or custard cups. Whip the eggs in a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment ( or using a hand mixer) until light and fluffy.

Add the sugar and mix until combined. Add the milk, butter, vanilla, and chocolate and mix until combined. Sift the flour with the salt and baking powder twice. Add to the egg mixture and mix until combined.

Pour the batter into the ramekins, filling each about 2/3 full. Cover each cup with foil. Arrange the cups in a hot-water bath and bake until firm on top, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove the cups from the water and remove the foil. Serve warm.

I also have directions for a steamed pudding that is not for individual ramekins, maybe the above recipe and the below instructions would make what you want??

"Cover mold with a sheet of foil and secure it tightly with kitchen string (if mold has a lid, use that instead). Put mold on a metal rack in a deep pot. Add enough boiling-hot water to pot to reach halfway up mold, then cover pot and steam pudding in simmering water, adding more boiling water as needed, until surface of pudding feels dry and firm, about 2 hours. Cool on another rack 5 minutes. Loosen edge of pudding with a thin knife and invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm."

Man, this sounds good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ISO Steamed chocolate pudding recipe by cjs (Here's one from Gale...)
"Cover mold with a sheet of foil and secure it tightly with kitchen string (if mold has a lid, use that instead). Put mold on a metal rack in a deep pot. Add enough boiling-hot water to pot to reach halfway up mold, then cover pot and steam pudding in simmering water, adding more boiling water as needed,

That's how I used to do one years ago. (Lost the recipe). Thanks for the reminder!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.