Portobello Mushroom Parmesan
  Re: (...)
Hey, we opted out of the Monday nite menu--Janes chemo has changed her tastes--I remembered a Giada recipe--it was wonderful!!!
3 T extra virgin olive oil
4 to 6 portobello mushrooms
1/2 t salt
1/4 t fresh ground black pepper
1 C marinara ( purchased or home made)
1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 C grated Parmesan
2 T butter cut into small pieces.

Pre heat oven to 400

Place a grill pan over med high heat. Drizzle 3 T olive oil over both sides of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the rooms with salt and pepper. Spray grill with non stick--grill rooms until tender, about 5 min/side.

Spread 1/2 cup of marinara on bottom of 9/13 inch baking dish.
Place grilled mushrooms on top--top with butter and rest of marinara--sprinkle cheeses on top and bake until cheese melts and top is golden, about 15 min.

Serve with pasta--use more marinara in the recipe for more sauce--we had caprese salad--sauteed spinach would be good--as a side. I like Giada--she is the real thing--does good stuff.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan by Old Bay (Hey, we opted out of...)
Bill, let her know I'm praying for her and send all the good vibes I can muster.

That sounds like a good mushroom recipe.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Bill, thoughts and prayers out to you and your Jane!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan by MUSICMAKER (Bill, thoughts and p...)
Thanks so much for your prayers--she is doing beautifully!!!--I really posted this for the recipe!!--It's really good!! Jane, a card carrying carnivor, has not wanted any meat but chicken, since this last round of chemo--so vegitarian Bill appears-- this will satisfy your vegitarian friends as will eggplant parmasigan--I don't know what to do with a vegan. Anyway I'm learning new things--she will regain her taste for our pinot noirs, cabs, and Barolos--I have a '96 Barolo waiting for the celebration in Feb. In the meantime be happy and confident, as we are- Good health and optimism to all, and to all a good nite. Haven't I heard something like that before??
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan by Old Bay (Thanks so much for y...)
Quote:

In the meantime be happy and confident, as we are- Good health and optimism to all, and to all a good nite. Haven't I heard something like that before??

Glad to hear Jane is doing well, Bill! Thanks for the recipe, it does sound good!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan by Old Bay (Thanks so much for y...)
" so vegitarian Bill appears "

Good for you. Duly printed, sounds great! (as does the 96 Barolo!!!)
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan by Lorraine (" so vegitarian Bill...)
hmmmm, well, here I go again - I have some leftover marinara and fresh mozz and.....Roy Rogers will gladly pick up some portabellos...sounds so good! don't know if we have a Barolo, but I know there's a good Pinot down there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Love portobellos, Bill.......next time I see in the market this will be on my menu--Thanks for that!!!

Best of everything to Jane and you----veggie is great--just have to get the knack!! But chicken---soooo many things you can do with that!!! How about some fish meals---mild tastes are also great!!! Keep us posted---

All the best!!!!!! Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan by Roxanne 21 (Love portobellos, Bi...)
I like to make these too, Bill. It's a nice change from always eating meat. Makes a great sub sandwich.

Giada seems to have some pretty good recipes. I tend to use hers more than most of the food network chefs.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Bump For Bill and others.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.