Tuesday Night's Dinner?
  Re: (...)
IF no one entices me further, I'm going with Bill's dinner from last night!! I played with a compound butter yesterday that will go with the Portobellas/Pasta much better than it did with the clam chowder (but, wasn't too bad there either ) -

Tomato butter

These are approx. quantities, still playing with it -

4 oz. butter - room temp.
2 T. tomato paste
2 T. chopped fresh basil
2 T. toasted pine nuts, chopped
1 T. fried capers, chopped (I have the BIG ones)
1 large clove garlic, minced.

Mix all together, roll in a log with plastic wrap.
I smeared on some sourdough and stuck under the broiler for a minute - my, it was yummy!!

What are you guys up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday Night's Dinner? by cjs (IF no one entices me...)
Oooh, that butter sounds very good! I have a bag of baby greens, spinach and some bleu cheese I need to use up so I'll probably make a big salad. I'll throw some chicken, sweet & spicy pecans, green onions and cucumber slices in too. Garlic bread on the side.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Night's Dinner? by Trixxee (Oooh, that butter so...)
I did an artery clogging night!!!

Made the pimento cheeseburger with bacon, lettuce and tomato

OH MYYYY---now that was incredibly tasty!!! Will make again--maybe NEXT YEAR!!! Too many bad ingredients there but for a one off----YESSSS!!!!

We are still on a weight gain program---not much longer though--
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Pizza Margharita here with a baby green salad. I'm too tired today to do anything more than that! Don't even have left overs otherwise THAT would be dinner! Dough is already made and waiting. . . .
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
Well, my supermarket had Pizzeria Uno pizzas buy one get one free, so we're having pizza and a salad.
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Tuesday Night's Dinner? by mlucas1 (Well, my supermarket...)
I thawed out some beef to grind up and I'm thinking comfort food tonight - perhaps hamburger stroganoff??? also thinking about making some noodles. Haven't played with the pasta maker in a long time. Oh, and we've got some fresh asparagus!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Your dinners sounds much more imaginative than mine, Picky wants lobster stew (the old fashioned lobster, half and half and butter kind, not a nicely flavored bisque) and he did buy a pound of lobster meat yesterday, so stew it is. I've got some leftover filet (don't get too excited, it was leftover from a job and stuck in the freezer for a while), some really good tortilla chips and some bits of this and that in the fridge so I'll probably have steak nachos.

Maybe Picky Jr will eat the rest of the roast chicken I made last night, a good night to clean out the fridge.

PJ
PJ
My family requested comfort food this week, no new recipes!!! So tonight is Italian sausage sandwiches on crusty bread with sauted onions & peppers. The peppers are the last from the garden. Also our favorite pasta salad.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Night's Dinner? by Harborwitch (I thawed out some be...)
I have fresh noodles made - that was fun! Now I'm off to get Swedish meatballs going - just sounds soooooo much better than hamburger stroganoff. Yum.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I got a recipe off the box of Jumbo Pasta Shells.

Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with spinach, gr. beef, garlic, onion, parmesan. Baked in Marinara and topped with mozzarella and provalone.

It was pretty good.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura