Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs.
  Re: Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. by luvnit (Mmmmmm [img]/ubbthre...)
Yup! That's what I had for lunch today, and yesterday. MMMMMMM.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. by Harborwitch (Yup! That's what I ...)
Let's see, we should change the name to "Harborwitch's Momma's, Momma's Swedish Meatballs". That'd do it!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. by bjcotton (Let's see, we should...)
ROTFLMAO! Now you need to make these!
  Re: Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. by Harborwitch (ROTFLMAO! Now you n...)
I agree. They sure sound delish!

Billy
  Re: Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. by bjcotton (I agree. They sure ...)
Oh yeah!
  Re: Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. by bjcotton (I agree. They sure ...)
Oh, for sure, these are really yummy, you gotta try them!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. by luvnit (Oh, for sure, these ...)
I was thinking I'd make the meatballs today, but, alas, no cardamom. So, it'll have to wait.

Billy
  Re: Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. by bjcotton (I was thinking I'd m...)
Oh poo!
  Re: Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. by bjcotton (I was thinking I'd m...)
Some 'sage' advice I received online, albeit too late for me, but I will pass on to you or others interested.

Once cardamom is ground, it loses flavor quickly. You are better off purchasing whole cardamom and grinding what you need.

I wish I had known that piece of info before I purchased my cardamom already ground. For as much as I use cardamom, it would have behooved me to purchase the whole variety.

Laura
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. by luvnit (Some 'sage' advice I...)
Laura, this is true for all spices. The things we learn when it's too late, eh?!!?

When possible, I purchase whatever I can in it's "wholeness" and do the grinding/grating myself. I purchased a small coffee grinder and have it labeled "SPICES", so neither the boys or I will grind our morning coffee in it -- nothing worse than having red pepper flakes in your morning coffee. A real eye-opener, tho!!! I also have a very fine, or extra fine, Micro-Plane and use that for things like nutmeg, mace, cinnamon, star anise.... Spices/herbs are NOT cheap, as we all know, so I try to preserve them to get the most out of them. Cuts the waste considerably.

Another thing learned was to purchase only the amount of spices/herbs you would use in either a 6 month, or at the most, 12 month period of time.

Edit:

Sharon, I was going to make this for dinner tonight, but have a question about the amount of dill....is 4 teaspoons correct? Seems like a lot of dill! Thanks!