Checking on the Lurkers.....
  Re: (...)
It's always so interesting to see what they're looking at - just saw Scotty's VESTA’S ROASTED RED PEPPER DRESSING being looked at!

Billy, have you made that yet? I haven't since summer - it's about time! (thanks to the lurker)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... by cjs (It's always so inter...)
Quote:

It's always so interesting to see what they're looking at

The large majority of the "Anons" you see are spiders, bots, and catalog crawlers; they are cataloging information for various search engines and web content reporting agencies. Some are cataloging data for corporations deciding what product should be next. Some are marketing bots, combing lots of sites for content matches to plot Trend Data for consumers.
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... by bbally ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Anything with the word "bot" in it creeps me out! LOL.
  Re: Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... by Trixxee (Anything with the wo...)
Quote:

I hear you! It gets worse, cookie driven bots! They place a cookie in you computer. Then the cookie data is transferred to the bot at various times. The bot goes and does what you did, cataloging the whole time.

That creeps many out!
Chef de Cuisine

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
bbally,
But you can get those security/pop up blockers, anti spam things and that stops most of them, right?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... by farnfam (bbally, [br]But you ...)
Quote:

bbally,
But you can get those security/pop up blockers, anti spam things and that stops most of them, right?
Cis

Stops the cookie trackers, yes those products to work and stop tracking cookies.
Chef de Cuisine

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
yeah, well big brother and everyone else is out there - it's fun to see old threads brot up to reconsider....no matter who pulls them up.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... by Trixxee (Anything with the wo...)
Quote:

I'm with you, Trixxee!

Made the Vesta dressing this past weekend, Jean. That is a GREAT dressing!!! Close to being a "regular" around here!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... by MUSICMAKER ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm glad you liked it Linda - it's time for me to make again.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... by cjs (I'm glad you liked i...)
Jean, going to make a "spin-off" of his roasted pork for Sunday dinner along with a nice baby lettuce salad and this dressing!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda