Le Creuset cookware -- think this was a steel - or
  Re: (...)
...eerrr. . . a STEAL!!!

A local store that sells kitchen, bath, household, etc., has been remodeling and have planned a "Grand RE-Opening" event for next week. Went in there yesterday and came out with some "steals" on cookware (like I need more!!!)

Here's what I walked out with: LeCruset 3-1/2 qt Braiser w/lid for $13 -- yep, THIRTEEN!; a 5-1/2 qt Dutch oven for $12!!! and a 3 qt round Dutch oven for $13!!!

They were "cleaning" out their warehouse for new stock and all that kind of jazz...they had bargains galore. Could have done some serious damage there if I had that plastic thing in my wallet!

Now seriously, does anybody out there have this cookware and if so, how is it, its performance, clean-up, etc. I'm afraid to use it on this crazy electric stove and have it get all marked up like the stainless steel pans. Any comments would be welcomed!!! Thanks!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Le Creuset cookware -- think this was a steel - or by MUSICMAKER (...eerrr. . . a STEA...)
Yes, I have 3 pieces of it and do love it, even though it's so darn heavy. The dutch oven is my favorite and most used, the lasagna pan is nice because it keeps things hot for a long time and it gets plenty of use as well. The grill pan is a pain to clean and I hardly ever use it.

I don't have the coils, but a glass top, so I have to be careful putting it on the stove and taking it off, because of the weight.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Le Creuset cookware -- think this was a steel - or by Mare749 (Yes, I have 3 pieces...)
I've admired this cookware over the years, but have never bought any. Don't really know why, maybe I didn't admire it enough??? But, sounds like you got a great deal!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Le Creuset cookware -- think this was a steel - or by MUSICMAKER (...eerrr. . . a STEA...)
That is an amazing deal... er steal!!!! Wow, you shoulda bought Christmas presents too! I have the 7 1/4 Dutch oven and using almost daily. I use it even when the recipe calls for a large skillet. I am sure your braiser pot will work the same way and double as a one-skillet meal pan.

I love my Dutch oven and it performs beautifully. Like most really good cookware I never cook over a 5-7 (electric stove med-med high). You don't need to. The heat is so evenly conducted and distributed that the pot just performs better.

Congratulations! I am happy for you.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
I have loads of it and it's awesome.

The price you paid for it makes me scratch my head, though. It's easily 10 times that expensive even at their warehouse stores.

Check to see if it's really made in France. There are some pieces out there that are cheaply made and made in Thailand.

Assuming that it's real, you'll love it. It holds heat, cooks evenly and cleans up very easily.

You'll use those french ovens all the time. I see a pot roast in your future!
  Re: Re: Le Creuset cookware -- think this was a steel - or by Roxy (I have loads of it a...)
You are right... Le Creuset calls them 'French' ovens not 'Dutch' ovens...

I should have known better with the whole 'French' thing they have going.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Le Creuset cookware -- think this was a steel - or by luvnit (You are right... Le ...)
Wow - I don't know that I've ever heard of a better bargain on anything, ever! I have three pieces - an oval french oven (I'm guessing it's 5 or 5 1/2 qt), a round french oven (I think it's 6 qt) and a pie plate. Love them all. They clean up so easily it's amazing. Cook very evenly.

I love my pie plate for roasted potatoes. Since there are just two of us most of them time, it's a perfect size.
  Re: Re: Le Creuset cookware -- think this was a steel - or by Trixxee (Wow - I don't know t...)
That's a great price. Each piece is usually over $100. I'd buy every piece they had and resell them.
  Re: Re: Le Creuset cookware -- think this was a steel by lxxf (That's a great price...)
Yep, that 90 pound skillet Dale gave me when I was down there, I think it's about 5 qt size, is a joy. I tried to "one-hand" it from the stove to a trivet one day, that came to a screeching halt and the skillet remained on the stove until I used both hands.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Le Creuset cookware -- think this was a steel by bjcotton (Yep, that 90 pound s...)
These are the "real McCoy's"....! This store does this several times a year, cleaning their inventory. If you are lucky enough to be there, you can really get some terrific deals (or steals!) A few months back I picked up some knives (chef, Santoku) -- Wusthof's and Henckels -- and like the pans, they were no matching sets -- but that doesn't matter to me! Functional over formality!!! As far as Christmas gifts, always thinking of Christmas gifts…having that in mind, bought what they had with these…. and they are Christmas gifts -- to moi!! (hehehe!)

Laura, thanks for the tip on not going over med/med-hi (6-7)on the electric stove. That really helps! Especially with this new Dutch oven pot, now cooking with cast iron vs. stainless steel. This pot will probably be "the" go to! It is where the chili was made the other day and absolutely loved cooking with it! Billy, the pots definitely are heavy --very heavy -- as are the lids! Definitely a 2-hander!!! Can skip the tri-biceps part of the exercise routine by lifting these things a couple times a day!!!
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda