Hello from The City of Roses....
  Re: (...)
....uh, Portland, Oregon. Was talking to my lil' sis today and she said, "Why don't you come on up?" So, here I am :grin. Would you believe her Mr. Lincoln roses have new growth and are blooming? ....and her puppy ate my denture toothbrush?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... by bjcotton (....uh, Portland, Or...)
Wow! I could understand that in CA - but Oregon?????

You are lucky the puppy just got the toothbrush!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... by Harborwitch (Wow! I could underst...)
Billy!!! You got my hopes up you were in Pasedena and I was gonna rev up and come out there
" and her puppy ate my denture toothbrush? "

Ya'll need to stand up straight while brushing your teeth. Have a great time, Billy!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Have fun, Billy, you need to enjoy yourself!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... by pjcooks (Have fun, Billy, you...)
Those are great little brushes. I use them to clean all sorts of things in the kitchen.
Have fun - it's fun to be spontaneous, huh? How's her knee coming along?

Speaking of Billy's family, we had dinner with his brother, Dave and Jackie Wednesday night - they were the folks I asked to postpone dinner from Saturday to another night. Bless their hearts, they were fine with it.

The only problem, which really made me red-faced, was I still did not get to go to the Lutefisk dinner!
Our weekend friend, Don, curled his lip as much as Roy did, so magnanimous woman that I am, I gave in.....sigh, sigh, sigh. (But, boy do they owe me!)

We had a delightful evening with Dave & Jackie, great food. Billy's s-i-l is one talented lady - she took me down to her workroom where she makes the most beautiful porcelain & ? (can't remember the other word...) dolls. Hundreds of molds, two kilns, just a fascinating work area.

She has the most wonderous collection of those she has made all over her house - it takes an hour to walk around and look at all of them. What an artist she is.

AND, I saw a picture of the 800 lb. gorilla!!! Billy, I didn't believe it was him! You miscreant!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... by cjs (Have fun - it's fun ...)
Fooled us, didn't he! Must be sorta like Bob - eats enough to feed an 800 lb gorilla and never gains an ounce! Grrrrrr!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... by Harborwitch (Fooled us, didn't he...)
What Jean? I told you he was built like a broomstick with a medicine ball under his teeshirt.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... by bjcotton (What Jean? I told y...)
Yeah, I guess you did and Trace said you even posted a picture of him one time - I miss my mind.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com