Dinner Last Night
  Re: (...)
God, I miss my mind!! Using goodies from the freezer, I did a little search on C@H to find something different to do with my four chix thighs I had thawed out. Found a recipe - Spiced Chicken Thighs in Tomato Broth with Olives and Chickpeas, Issue #49, pg. 27 that sound right up our alley for flavors.

After dinner when I went to write up how we liked it on the magazine recipe, there was a note from 9/15/06 that we thot the flavors were wonderful.... I don't even remember making this - and I probably even reviewed it here at that time! geez.

If nothing else, I would have thot the smells in the kitchen would have kicked in the memory, the cooking odors are wonderful with the dish.

[Image: CHIXTHIGHS.jpg]

I made a stuffed squash (new one) dish to go with the chicken, but we weren't impressed with this at all, so won't be keeping the recipe, but darn it it looked so good coming out of the oven, I was disappointed.

[Image: FILLEDSQUASH.jpg]

The tomato broth from the chicken dish did help the flavor of the squash, but not enough to repeat the recipe.

[Image: DINNER-2.jpg]

Has anyone else done this chicken dish??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Last Night by cjs (God, I miss my mind!...)
Haven't done this one---for some reason I don't do the thigh thang!! We are strictly breast people---white meat!!!

Last night was the pork tenderloins diablo---wonderful!!! I made the potato mash and served with yellow squash--pattypans here. Nice dinner.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
I made it - loved it. Used boneless skinless tenders though. Served it with frozen naan from Trader Joe's.
  Re: Re: Dinner Last Night by Trixxee (I made it - loved it...)
"Served it with frozen naan" - oh, I wish I'd had some naan to serve it with!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Last Night by cjs ("Served it with froz...)
Too bad about the squash, it looks great. As does the chicken! Off to find the recipe.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Last Night by cjs ("Served it with froz...)
Their frozen naan is surprisingly good. Too good. I can really stuff myself on it.
Oooh that all looks so good.

Wait! I think I spotted the Virgin Mary in your Stuffed Squash!!!!!

Great pictures. I love the pics!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Dinner Last Night by luvnit (Oooh that all looks ...)
"Wait! I think I spotted the Virgin Mary in your Stuffed Squash!!!!!"

go find your room, Laura!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Last Night by cjs ("Wait! I think I spo...)
hee-hee-hee (that's me laughing at my own joke, while I am in my room )
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
This looks good. I have a chicken thigh recipee that I use from
Cooking Light. "Chicken Tagine with Lemon and Olives" It is really
good.