Using mustard on favorite dishes
  Re: (...)
I was wondering if anyone here uses mustard like Grey Poupon Mustard in some of their favorite recipes. now that Thanksgiving is approaching anyone here going to use the popular yellow condiment on their festive turkey or ham?
  Re: Using mustard on favorite dishes by CaliLiving (I was wondering if a...)
I must say that I love mustard - I make a dip for things like chicken fingers that is very simple - mustard, mayo and black pepper. It is so good though! My husband concocted this great recipe for salmon where he puts pats of butter on it, dijon mustard and garlic (I think) and then puts it on foil and grills it - it's so good!
  Re: Re: Using mustard on favorite dishes by carolekv (I must say that I lo...)
I used to do a mustard & Parsley (? I think) crust on a beef roast. I have a new favorite creamy mustard sauce that for the last week we've been putting on everything - so I'm sure I'll try it on turkey and ham also.

Dijon Cream Sauce

1/2 c heavy cream (I subbed canned milk - no heavy cream) (SHOOT! that's where my last can of evap. milk went!! )
1/4 c Dijon mustard
1 T. honey
1 tsp. apple cier vinegar

simmer all in a saucepan over low heat for 10 min. or till slightly thickened.

Cusine at Home, Issue 54, pg. 24

I hope you get lots of responses to your question - we love mustard on things.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Using mustard on favorite dishes by cjs (I used to do a musta...)
I use yellow mustard thinned with some olive oil and with some chopped garlic added on rack of lamb. Then pat crumbs into the mustard and bake at 425. Excellent. I can't taste the mustard though. I also stirred ground mustard into sour cream, added 3 T of fresh snipped dill and put it over salmon and baked 350 for about 20 minutes. Yummy
  Re: Re: Using mustard on favorite dishes by lxxf (I use yellow mustard...)
Welcome to C@H, Cali! I must have about 15 different kinds of mustard. We love it, including Grey Poupon. I have a chicken marinade with Herbes de Provence that I often use it in. lxxf, I love that crust on lamb!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Using mustard on favorite dishes by Lorraine (Welcome to [url=mail...)
yes!

A few years I made up 6 or 7 mustards to include in Christmas presents - they sure went over well. hmmmmm, might be time to repeat.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Using mustard on favorite dishes by cjs (yes! [br][br]A few y...)
I have a mustard book, but have been leary of making batches and giving them as gifts, as almost all the recipes say the shelf life is only about 3 weeks in the fridge. I was really surprised at that. Maybe I need a different book.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Using mustard on favorite dishes by Lorraine (I have a mustard boo...)
You sent me scrambling for my books - one that I use for four of the mustards is from an old book, Sunset Christmas Treasury from 1987.

These four -
French Old-Fashioned
Dijon-style
Sppiced German
Green Peppercorn Dijon

"Refrigerate for at least 3 days or up to 2 years."

This is for all the mustards. You need another book, lady.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Using mustard on favorite dishes by cjs (You sent me scrambli...)
I've been trying to zip up Bob's lunches lately. He likes sandwiches because they're easier to eat if he's driving (salad's a bit messy! ).

Today he had turkey, pepperjack cheese, and dijon mixed with some peach jam. I mix dijon into lots of different "spreads" for his lunch depending on what jams or jellies we have open. It throws a new twist into his lunch - a surprise!

Personally I think the only reason to eat a hot dog is the good ol' yellow mustard - and for chicken fried steak sometimes I'll do a mustard gravy - just a white pan gravy with lots of French's in it. Or a bourbon and dijon sauce for steak.

I don't have anything set in stone on the menu this year but a cider brined turkey so couldn't say if there'll be mustard anywhere.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Using mustard on favorite dishes by Harborwitch (I've been trying to ...)
I like to add jams/jellys to Dijon also and use them for brushing on grilled items. great flavors.
www.achefsjourney.com