Chicken Tenders
  Re: (...)
Here is a simple main dish that my sister fixes for supper.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Breaded Chicken Tenderloins Italiano

Recipe By :Marilee Frigaard
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Poultry

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
12 large chicken tenders
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, seasoned
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon garlic salt -- to taste
1/2 cup dry Romano/Parmigiano cheeses
1 stick butter

Mix all ingredients together, except the chicken tenders and the butter, thoroughly in a ziplock bag. Taste for seasoning. Cover a cookie sheet with waxed paper.

Roll tenders in the bread crumb mixture and place individually on the waxed paper. When all tenders are breaded set aside.

Preheat oven to 400°. Put butter in a 13- X 9-inch (or larger as needed) baking dish and put it into the oven until hot. Swirl the melted butter in baking dish to cover bottom. Place tenders individually in the baking dish turning to coat in butter. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until beginning to brown; turn and continue baking until top has browned, ~10 minutes more. If desired, when you turn the tenders, sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs over the top.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : Freshly grated cheeses does not seem to work as well as when you've let it dry for an hour or so.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Chicken Tenders by bjcotton (Here is a simple mai...)
My children would love this, Billy, thanks for posting this!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Chicken Tenders by pjcooks (My children would lo...)
It really is tasty. I had gotten Marilee to quit using the green can of parmisiano and use the fresh stuff, but the fresh stuff doesn't seem to work as well.

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Tenders by bjcotton (It really is tasty. ...)
Are you grating the fresh stuff on the microplane so it's a powder or on a cheese grater???

These sound really good - like something Jennifer would like.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Chicken Tenders by Harborwitch (Are you grating the ...)
Microplane. It seems to dry quicker. I love my microplanes, my skillets, my pots and pans, my everything My newest gadget, by-the-way, is an OXO Cheese slicer for $12.00. It comes with 2 extra wires in case you break one and they're easy to change.

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Tenders by bjcotton (Microplane. It seem...)
"Freshly grated cheeses does not seem to work as well as when you've let it dry for an hour or so. "

I don't think I understand this statement at all....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Tenders by cjs ("Freshly grated chee...)
For some reason the cheese seem to melt more rapidly if you've just grated it and mixed it in with the bread crumbs. If you let it sit out and dry a while, it seems to work better. That's all I was trying to say.

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Tenders by bjcotton (For some reason the ...)
huh.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com