A New Product To Me -
  Re: (...)
I'd never seen this before - what a great idea especially for all you pastry folks out there...

KitchenAid Stand Mixer Water Jacket KN2WJ
Keep your mixing bowl perfectly cool.

http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/9562...acket.aspx

I was looking for a replacement for my sausage stuffer that got broken years ago in culinary school and I've been making bulk sausage ever since! But, boy are they expensive, maybe a Christmas present to me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A New Product To Me - by cjs (I'd never seen this ...)
what a great idea especially for all you pastry folks out there...

I don't think anyone thinks of me as a pastry person. But, it is neat!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: A New Product To Me - by cjs (I'd never seen this ...)
Have one, Jean, and for as often as I use it, I would have rather spent that big buck elsewhere!!! If there is anything that needs to be chilled while being whipped, I still use the old bowl in the frig trick. Would take it back to the store if I could!

Have you ever used the sausage stuffer thing for the KA? It's what I use. Grind the meat with it, too, let it drop right into the KA bowl, add the spices, put the dough hook on it, swirl around the block, move it back up to the top (where the stuffer has been placed) and go at it. A "one bowl" mess!!! Love that!

Edit: This is cool! Has all 3 -- meat grinder, sausage stuffer, AND juicer. Nice kit they put together. Had to purchase what I have all separately! Good price, too! Think I paid that much for the meat grinder parts only!

http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/2294...t-kit.aspx
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: A New Product To Me - by MUSICMAKER (Have one, Jean, and ...)
Yes, to the sausgae equipment - that's what I was looking for a replacement to my broken 'stuffer'
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A New Product To Me - by cjs (Yes, to the sausgae ...)
Print it out and as you innocently pass by DH, drop it! You have a bad back and can't pick it up, would you mind, dear?! Walk away, FAST, before he can hand it back to you! If he says anything, just reply, "Gee, darling, just think of all the fresh sausages you could have not only for dinner but for breakfast, too, AND fresh OJ to boot!" Think he'll get the message???

Can always beckon Trac to the forum!!! One of the two ought to get it!!!

Here's to wishes coming true!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
  Re: Re: A New Product To Me - by MUSICMAKER (Have one, Jean, and ...)
Thanks, Linda, for the advice. I keep waffling, but since I too just stick it in the fridge, I think I'll buy a second bowl instead.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: A New Product To Me - by pjcooks (Thanks, Linda, for t...)
That's a good investment, PJ. I have 2 bowls and could use a third! Something I never have regretted purchasing. It's nice if you are making a meringue, which is what I "try" to keep the second bowl for to avoid the grease but a trip thru the dishwasher takes care of that just fine. I especially like having the extra bowls for the times I make dessert tables or for the holidays, whipping up several batches of cookies or whatever all at one time and then just baking away. Like a production line.

Their products are not cheap by any means. Took me a while, too, to decide if I wanted to depart with the $$ on some of their things. You definitely will not be sorry with the second bowl.

Buon Appetito!

Linda