Sweet Potatoes
  Re: (...)
I am looking for a really good Sweet Potato recipe for Thanks Giving.
  Re: Sweet Potatoes by Jer (I am looking for a r...)
Well, this will probably start a 'sweet potato turf war,' but in my opinion, mash up the tatoes*, season with s&p, minced garlic, a little lemon zest and brown sugar & cream. Pour into a shallow baking dish and top with miniature marshmallows (or can use large one cut in half) - put in hot oven (375 - 400 F) and watch closely and remove when marshmallow are golden brown.

*roasting the potatoes instead of cooking them in water gives a much more wonderful flavor.

-----

and another favorite -

Roasted Parsnips and Sweet Potatoes with Honey-Pecan Drizzle

2 pounds sweet potatoes -- peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 pounds parsnips -- peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
sea salt -- to taste
ground pepper -- to taste
1 cup orange juice
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup pecans -- toasted and chopped
1/2 cup chopped parley

Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes and parsnips with the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.

Spread the vegetables in a large roasting pan and roast, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and golden brown, about one hour.

Meanwhile make the honey drizzle. Combine orange juice, honey and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer until thickened and liquid has reduced slightly, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in chopped pecans and set aside.

Remove vegetables from oven and arrange on a serving platter. Lightly drizzle honey-pecan mixture over the vegetables. Scatter parsley over vegetables and serve.

This side dish of roasted sweet root vegetables is a perfect accompaniment to a roasted chicken or pork tenderloin. A side of bitter greens, like mustard, would offer a nice balance to the sweetness. Serves 6
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sweet Potatoes by cjs (Well, this will prob...)
I had pork shanks last weekend served on a bed of mashed yukon gold and sweet potatoes. Both mashed together, butter, heavy cream, S&P. It was fabulous. I'm a real fan of baked sweet taters, just roasted with S&P. Or Sweet Potatoe biscuits. Ot Sweet Potatoe Kisses. Come tell us what you're looking for.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.