Goat Cheese Croquettes w/brandy trout roe
  Re: (...)
I just got my holiday catalog from Tsar Nicoulai Caviar and as usual I'm drooling all over the place - and plan on whining to Bob about a couple jars of our favorites!

The Passot Roe is the creation of Roland Passot (one of San Francisco's most acclaimed chefs). The Passot roe comes in Brandy, vanilla, or Kafir lime infused.

Of course my favorite is the Wasabi whitefish roe. All of their products are available online at tsarnicoulai.com, or at their outlet at the San Francisco Ferry Terminal building. Oh, lovely lovely stuff!

I had to share this recipe from the catalog just because it sounds sooooooooo good.

Goat Cheese Croquettes with Passot Brandy Infused Trout Roe

Serves 6

8 oz fresh goat cheese
4 oz fromage blanc
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp minced chives
1 c. panko bread crumbs
1 egg
2 c. oil for frying
1 oz Passot Brandy Trout Roe
1 c. micro greens

Combine goat cheese, fromage blanc, pepper, salt, & chives until well mixed. Divide into 12 1 oz balls.

Whisk egg with 1 tbs water in a bowl and put panko crumbs into another bowl. Dredge each corquette into egg mixture then coat well with panko.

Heat oil over med-high heat until shimmering. Fry croquettes untill deep golden brown and let drain on paper towels.

Divide micro greens among 6 plates or 1 large platter and top with croquettes. Finish each croquette with a spoonful of Passot Brandy Trout Roe.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Goat Cheese Croquettes w/brandy trout roe by Harborwitch (I just got my holida...)
oh my, Sharon, this sounds just decadent!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Goat Cheese Croquettes w/brandy trout roe by cjs (oh my, Sharon, this ...)
Will be making this, but without the roe - just not into the roe/caviar thing. The trout, itself, would be okay, but is not available here - perhaps robalo.

Any other suggestions for a substitute?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Goat Cheese Croquettes w/brandy trout roe by labradors (Will be making this,...)
This sounds right up Peter's alley!!! Nice recipe, Sharon--thanks---now I have to go and buy some of that caviar they have readily available here---not great but okay!! and goat cheese-----I'm beginning to develop a taste for this wonderful morsel!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Goat Cheese Croquettes w/brandy trout roe by Harborwitch (I just got my holida...)
Very interesting story about the roe. I love the stories behind food. I guess I should have been a food anthropologist(?). Now I just sound like the 'Cliff Claven' of food facts
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Goat Cheese Croquettes w/brandy trout roe by luvnit (Very interesting sto...)
Tsar Nicoulai is sustainably farmed. If you get a chance check out their website. Lots of interesting info!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Goat Cheese Croquettes w/brandy trout roe by Harborwitch (Tsar Nicoulai is sus...)
Availability a problem here too. I wonder how it would be with a smoked schnapper paste. Pretty good I am thinking.