Trying to find issue with carrot side dish recipe
  Re: (...)
Can anyone please help me find which issue had the recipe for a side dish of carrots. It was a pretty simple recipe but I think it had some lemon juice and maybe some orange zest???
  Re: Trying to find issue with carrot side dish recipe by rayb (Can anyone please he...)
Hi and welcome

do you remember how long ago it was you saw it?
  Re: Trying to find issue with carrot side dish recipe by rayb (Can anyone please he...)
If this is the correct one, it is the glazed carrots with orange vinaigrette from issue 26. I just had it out but cannot find it. Will keep looking and hopefully it will appear or someone who has MP can post it meanwhile....
Vive Bene! Spesso L'Amore! Di Risata Molto!

Buon Appetito!

Linda
Welcome, Ray! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Baby Carrots with Orange Vinaigrette
(Cuisine, April 2001, Issue 26, p. 24)

Makes: 4 Servings Total Time: 20 Minutes Rating: Easy

For the Vinaigrette, Blend:
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup light olive oil
2 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. fresh ginger, minced
2 T. rice vinegar
Salt to taste

Steam:
1 lb. baby carrots, trimmed and peeled

Serve Carrots with:
Orange Vinaigrette
Romaine lettuce leaves
Strips of orange zest

To prepare the carrots, trim off all but 1" of tops, then peel; cut off any long root ends.

Blend the marmalade, olive oil, lemon juice, ginger, rice vinegar, and salt for the vinaigrette, in a blender at high speed until thick and creamy; set aside.

Steam trimmed and peeled carrots for 3–4 minutes, or until done to your liking. Test carrots (and all vegetables) for doneness by piercing them with a paring knife, or tasting some. They should not be overly crunchy or too soft.

To serve cut hard, crunchy cores from leaves of romaine and arrange on serving plates. Place carrots on top, drizzle with vinaigrette, and sprinkle with strips of orange zest.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Trying to find issue with carrot side dish recipe by pjcooks (Welcome, Ray! Happy...)
Welcome Ray, nice to have you with us.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Trying to find issue with carrot side dish recipe by bjcotton (Welcome Ray, nice to...)
It's wonderful to see another newbie here---WELCOME RAY!!!

Now how on earth did I miss that recipe----LOVE carrots!!! (my poor eyes need those vits!!! )
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Trying to find issue with carrot side dish recipe by Roxanne 21 (It's wonderful to se...)
Raw grated carrots with just orange juice ove is really fresh and good too.
Thanks all for you suggestions. I found the recipe in the August 2006 issue, pg. 33

Baby Carrots with sweet mint "gremolata"