Have to share this....
  Re: (...)
My bathroom had a light fixture over the sink and mirror with two bulbs. To the left was the cabinet, drawers, & shelves; to the right was a half wall with a window like opening in it and on the other side was the toilet, with the bathtub/shower behind me. I had always thought it was kind of gloomy in there. Well, a couple of days ago one of the light bulbs went out. So, I got a new bulb, climbed up on a footstool, removed the cover and reached to unscrew the bulb. Well, I hear a little sparking sound and the bulb flickers. I figure there's a short, so I turn the light off and bring in a lamp for light until I can get a new fixture. Looking at the fixtures I figured I'd get one that put out more light....this one has 4 bulbs and I get it installed. That evening I go in and turn on the light...hey, it's really bright in here...uh oh, what are those brown spots on the wall. Well, the bathroom is the only room other than my bedroom where I smoke...you guessed it, with all this light I can see the nicotine streaks and spots all over the walls and ceiling....now, thanks to one darned light bulb going out I can see that mess and have to wash the walls and ceiling. Don't you just hate it when that happens?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Have to share this.... by bjcotton (My bathroom had a li...)
(I know how to be sure it doesn't happen again....)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Have to share this.... by cjs ((I know how to be su...)
Eeewwwwwwwwwww! Billy! Yuck! Time to make sure, as Jean suggested so subtly, that it doesn't happen again!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Have to share this.... by Harborwitch (Eeewwwwwwwwwww! Bil...)
"as Jean suggested so subtly" Yeah, like a sledge hammer :grin , bless her heart.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Have to share this.... by bjcotton (My bathroom had a li...)
Your electrical stuff kind of sounds like mine!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Have to share this.... by bjcotton ("as Jean suggested s...)
And . . . the problem with that is . . . . ???? Whatever it takes Darlin' we just want to keep you around for a loooooooonng time!
  Re: Re: Have to share this.... by Harborwitch (And . . . the proble...)
Is the day I quit smoking. It's the hardest thing I've ever done and I miss it to this day. When and if you are ever ready to quit, see your doctor, they have good meds these days. It will only work if you want it to. It's getting so difficult anymore about the only place you can smoke is in the bathroom. I just love the hypocrites who drive humvees (which have no pollution controls because they are considered trucks) look down their noses at smokers.

Sally
  Re: Re: Have to share this...11/20/05 by lxxf (Is the day I quit sm...)
Congrats on quiting!

I was one of those who lit a cig before my feet hit the floor in the am, and stubbed one out just before my head hit the pillow!

I got the patch and while it was hard for the first few days it worked out okay. Gained 35lbs! But that was a long long time ago - 10 or 12 years.

Now there are so many other aides - it's a nasty addiction to dump, but it sure feels good! I don't even miss it any more. (I used to smoke menthols - about 3 years into this I bummed a drag from a friend . Geeze, I thought I was going to die - not another drag since - don't even care. My daughter smokes menthols, I have no desire to sneak. I'm done!
  Re: Re: Have to share this...11/20/05 by Harborwitch (Congrats on quiting!...)
I quit in Jan. '99--have never wanted one since- 15 lbs heavier--what the hell, I'm not trying to impress anybody anyway. My son still smokes, he is 41, still young enough to be lucky, and stop. You have to want to or it doesn't work.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Have to share this...11/20/05 by Old Bay (I quit in Jan. '99--...)
It was 'easy' for me - 13 years ago - I was all doped up in the hospital recovering from a heart attack. By the time I knew what was really what, I was completely past any withdrawals, but I wouldn't recommend that method to anyone.

I still love to stand near someone smoking and smell the smoke... but, I've never cheated. I have been promised one cigarette on my 80th birthday.

Out of our 8 kids, only one smokes....and I hope to hell I do not outlive her...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com