To Brian or Carlos
  Re: (...)
Hello Gents;

I am trying to find out more information on the company that hosts these boards. The name Groupee, Inc. is not clickable for me to find them.

Do you, or anyone here, have a link for them?

Thanks
  Re: To Brian or Carlos by DFen911 (Hello Gents;[br][br]...)
If you look at the very bottom of the screen, it says Powered by UBB.threads. Click on that. This the company that makes this software. If you are looking to start your own message board. I have more information for you.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: To Brian or Carlos by DFen911 (Hello Gents;[br][br]...)
Quote:

Hello Gents; I am trying to find out more information on the company that hosts these boards. The name Groupee, Inc. is not clickable for me to find them.
Do you, or anyone here, have a link for them? Thanks

The corporation hosts the boards. The holding corporation for the magazine. August Home Publishing Company 2200 Grand Avenue Des Moines, IA 50312

If you mean the software that runs the boards and you want a hosting site. Take a look at NGHosting.com they are doing some pretty good server hosting.
Chef de Cuisine
The Cowboy and The Rose Catering

USMC Sgt 1979-1985
  Re: Re: To Brian or Carlos by bbally ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
If you already have hosting, and would like the software for establishing your own forum groups, I would recommend the free phpBB or SMF. Here is a link to a site with more information, including a comparison of the two, as well as the necessary links for obtaining the software.

If you don't already have hosting, and only wish to have your own forum, there are several places out there (at this link, for example) that will host your forum for free.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: To Brian or Carlos by labradors (If you already have ...)
Well I found it, it's called UBB Threads. At one time Groupee was InfoPop ( a company I had thought gone to the way side)

What I need is to create a bulletin board much like this one, but it must be private. You know how on this board you can read the posts if you are not a member, but you cannot post till you register? Well the board I have to make must be you cannot read or post unless you are a member.

Lab I'm gonna check out that link thank you very much
  Re: Re: To Brian or Carlos by DFen911 (Well I found it, it'...)
hmmmm, now that's an exclusive forum, probably don't want a bunch of droopy-drawer cooks messin' with them...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: To Brian or Carlos by DFen911 (Well I found it, it'...)
Quote:

What I need is to create a bulletin board much like this one, but it must be private. You know how on this board you can read the posts if you are not a member, but you cannot post till you register? Well the board I have to make must be you cannot read or post unless you are a member.

That is actually one of the basic features of almost ANY forum software. For example, phpBB has settings such as:
Quote:

• Public - Anonymous users can read and post. Registered Users can additionally edit their posts, and create and vote in polls. Moderators and administrators can make stickies and announcements.
  • Registered - Anonymous users can read the forum. Registered Users can additionally post, reply, edit their posts, and create and vote in polls. Moderators and administrators can make stickies and announcements.
  • Registered [Hidden] - Anonymous users may only register. Registered Users can read, post, edit their posts, and create and vote in polls. Moderators and administrators can make stickies and announcements.
  • Private - Non-Private users may only see the forum. Private Users can read, post, reply, edit their posts, and create and vote in polls. Moderators and administrators can make stickies and announcements.
  • Private [Hidden] - Only Private Users may see the forum. Private Users can read, post, reply, edit their posts, and create and vote in polls. Moderators and administrators can make stickies and announcements.
  • Moderators - Anonymous and Normal users can only see the forum. Moderators and administrators can read, post, reply, edit their posts, create polls, vote in polls, and make stickies and announcements.
  • Moderators [Hidden] - Normal users cannot see the forum. Moderators and administrators can read, post, reply, edit their posts, create polls, vote in polls, and make stickies and announcements.

(Source: http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentation/2.0/)
  Re: Re: To Brian or Carlos by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
It worked beautifully Lab thank you !!!Smile
  Re: Re: To Brian or Carlos by DFen911 (It worked beautifull...)
Quote:

It worked beautifully Lab thank you !!!Smile

Glad I could help.