Emeril is Done
  Re: (...)
Food Network will film the last "Emeril Live" Dec 11th. How about that?! Someone at eGullet speculated they would substitute "Rachel Ray 24/7" or "Semi Home Cooking Challenge" with Sandra Lee.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Emeril is Done by Old Bay (Food Network will fi...)
Ya know, I like Emeril. But, I have never made something from his show. Not that I can remember. He's probably run his course. I am sure he won't be hurting for money.

He sure put BAM! on the map.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Emeril is Done by Old Bay (Food Network will fi...)
another cook generation behind us - Emerial replaced Sarah Moulton in the 8 p.m. slot and he had his run, I wonder who/what show will be showcased this generation......would be nice if it was a cook such as Tyler Florence, Nigella or even Giada.

So far this slot has always gone to a certified chef, hope they keep that up.

At least he's going to continue his Essence show - which is the one I prefer anyway - just cooking, no hoopla.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Emeril is Done by cjs (another cook generat...)
Mine might be a minority opinion, but I never really liked Emeril's food, persona, BAM!, and won't miss him at all.
  Re: Re: Emeril is Done by HomeCulinarian (Mine might be a mino...)
I must say that Emeril had a great influence on me. I've always enjoyed cooking, but it became more enjoyable when I began watching his show...of course my mentor Jeanny Baby had lots of influence too...I met her after I met Emeril
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Emeril is Done by bjcotton (I must say that Emer...)
"Jeanny Baby" - what a sweetie!! thank you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Emeril is Done by cjs ("Jeanny Baby" - what...)
He had a great influence on many people I know, me included. I didn't know Essence was still in production, they haven't aired it on FoodTV.ca in years. From what I read, he is still on contract with the network, and will do specials etc. I had the opportunity to eat at his restaurant in Orlando, what a wonderful meal!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Emeril is Done by Lorraine (He had a great influ...)
It was fun being in the audience for one of his Orlando tapings. Unfortunately, I wasn't close enough to the front to get to try anything.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Emeril is Done by labradors (It was fun being in ...)
Oh please do NOT let it be Rachel Ray I just cannot stand her! I don't know what it is, but she is like fingernails down a chalkboard to me. Even when they have all the specials with all the chefs doing their things, her segment I either mute or change the channel for a few minutes.
  Re: Re: Emeril is Done by DFen911 (Oh please do NOT let...)
I can take her or leave her, I just hope they stick with a certified chef for that spot.
www.achefsjourney.com