Pork Wellington ??
  Re: (...)
If someone could advise me of the best way to scan the recipes from the magazine - and embed them in the post - I would be happy to do that. Otherwise it will take some time to type it up - and there are so many pictures showing how to put the wellington together. And I would need specifically what file type would work best for this bmp, jpeg, tif, pdf, etc... And should I scan it as a picture or as a document??? Not very up on all this stuff.

The menu they provided was
Pork Wellington
Roasted mushroom sauce
Lemon Broccolini
Buttermilk Panna Cotta

I can do all or just the wellington if it works.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Pork Wellington ?? by esgunn (If someone could adv...)
Jean seems to be more successful with the scanning than I am, I type fast enough that I generally just type them in MC.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
I think for the most part people type them in their post. I usually type mine in Word and then copy and paste them into my post, but I know other people can import from a program called MasterCook. I have that too, but don't use it.

If you want a picture in your post you need to either take a digital photo or scan a photo and use a photo hosting service like Photobucket.com.

If there is an easier way to do this, please let me know. Anyone???
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
This is a test - if you think it works and would like me to do this let me know.

[Image: scan0001.jpg]
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Pork Wellington ?? by esgunn (This is a test - if ...)
Wow! that worked great erin!!! Thank you - I'd love the whole menu except the dessert myself. I can read it perfectly.

I just printed it out and I can still read it - yipee!

My scanner is broken, but I used to scan and use the ocr thing - I can't describe it, I just knew how to do it - where's lab when you need him?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pork Wellington ?? by esgunn (This is a test - if ...)
Ohhhh that looks good! Way to go!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Pork Wellington ?? by cjs (Wow! that worked gre...)
We just got the scanner working again - but I can't find the software so the OCR (optical character recognition) doesn't work.

Now, if I'm desparate I'll hand write them with the digital pen and then plug that into the computer and convert it to text to save in word and then import where ever I need it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Here is page 2 of putting the pork wellington's together. On a note in a section I did not copy - it said they are best put together a day ahead of time. It also said it is important to have all your ingredients cool when assembling - to keep the pastry in the best shape for cooking.

I will post the assembly instructions and sides in seperate posts in this thread so I don't run into any size issues (I think I did one other time when trying to post pictures)

Pork Wellington - The Assembly
[Image: scan0002.jpg]
Erin
The time is flying by.
Here is the roasted mushroom sauce, and the lemon broccolini...

[Image: scan0003.jpg]
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Pork Wellington Sides by esgunn (Here is the roasted ...)
Well done, Erin!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.