baking equipment
  Re: (...)
Recently my mother in law passed away and as the only person in the family that bakes I received a number of items - and I have no idea what to do with some of them so I am turning to you folks for a little help. The items I don't know how to use are cloths that have been stored in plastic bags. My wife thinks that her mom used these to roll dough out on. Some of these cloths are tubes, we think were used around a rolling pin. It seems that these cloths were not laundered - just used carefully and then put away.

Can someone help me determine what these are and how to use them.

thanks very much,

Dee
  Re: baking equipment by Val (Recently my mother i...)
I have a Bethany Pastry cloth and board for rolling out pie dough. And I love it. You just shake it out each time and hang it up to dry out. If it gets gummy - you wash in cold water and air dry. They also make rolling pin covers.

See the site: www.bethanyhousewares.com

Rolling pin covers: http://www.bethanyhousewares.com/products8.5-460.html

Pastry cloth
http://www.bethanyhousewares.com/product...astry.html
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
I think you're right - pastry cloths and rolling pin "socks". I have them, seldom use them - my mother and grandmother both used them. I used to. Maybe I should start again.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
You've come to the right place for answers Dee. If something isn't known by at least one member, someone will find the answer for you. I am so proud these folks are my friends.

Heck, they even got me to making soufflées [course I can't spell this morning..so I'll just take a nap].
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Welcome, Val! My Mother always used the cloth and sock thing. I've never used one. Then again, my pastry comes premade in the shell!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: baking equipment by Lorraine (Welcome, Val! My Mo...)
I learn something new everyday here---now to do some research---in my spare time, that is!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy