What's for Dinner Tonight?
  Re: (...)
I'm doing some lamb loin chops - with a Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce. We had so much food Sunday that I didn't make Martin Yan's Asian Coleslaw, so will do for tonight.

What are you up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner Tonight? by cjs (I'm doing some lamb ...)
Yikes! Aren't you in the pacific time zone? When do you sleep? I'm thinking of scallops, and then for tomorrow chicken with 40 cloves of garlic.

Sally
  Re: What's for Dinner Tonight? by cjs (I'm doing some lamb ...)
I am going to the store today and I think we are having the Chicken in Paprika Cream (Chicken Paprikash) that Billy posted the other day. Along with some rice and brussel sprouts.

We are going to start trying to eat out of the freezer too.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tonight? by luvnit (I am going to the st...)
I found a package of sauerkraut perogies in the freezer, that I had bought at the farmer's market. With fried onins and bacon, they should be tasty. Probably a green salad to cut some fo the grease.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tonight? by Lorraine (I found a package of...)
Not sure what's for dinner tonite, but last nite we had chicken breast strips in onion, garlic and olive oil, tossed with marinated artichoke hearts over spaghetti. Seasoned with fresh (frozen) sage, and thyme. Topped it with sauted mushrooms and grated asiagio. Paired with a nice simple Chardonney.
It was ever so yummy and quick.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tonight? by luvnit (I am going to the st...)
If Jennifer is home that's what we're having. If she's gone we'll have roast piggy - we got 2 beautiful hunks, one for chorizo and one to roast. I think rice and asparagus to go with the chicken. I haven't got a clue for the pork yet. I've got some leftover boiled potatoes that I might fry up with some kraut, and some green beans.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tonight? by Harborwitch (If Jennifer is home ...)
Either beef & broccoli stirfry or green chili (from C@H soups cookbook). Since the forecast is for snow here today, we'll probably go with the chili.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tonight? by HomeCulinarian (Either beef & brocco...)
So far, I have made Tuscan Pumpkin-White Bean Soup. (it's a weight-watcher recipe) but I'm not sure what to have with that. Probably french bread toast and a salad, but I'll have to cook some meat for Ron also. Maybe a pork chop. I'm trying to eat lighter. Have to get into a swim suit in six weeks!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tonight? by Mare749 (So far, I have made ...)
Tonight, I think I'll make some pastelitos.

Start with flour, a little bit of salt, a little bit of shortening, a little bit of baking soda, and enough water to make a soft, flour-tortilla dough. Mix it all together, then roll into separate one-and-a-half-inch balls.

Sauté ground beef, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and finely diced carrots and potatoes until done If you like, add in some cooked rice, or cook the rice with the other stuff and enough beef stock until the rice is done. You can add whatever you want, really, but those are the basics.

Form each pastelito by pressing out one of the balls of dough into about a three-inch round. This may be done with a tortilla press or a rolling pin, but the locals just do it by hand, with the dough between two sheets of plastic wrap. Place a tablespoon of the meat mixture just off centre on the dough, fold the dough to form a semicircle, then crimp the edges to seal. Fry in oil, turning once, until golden.

Here's a sufficiently representative photo from the web:
[Image: pastelitoshf5.jpg]

Tomorrow, I'm going to pick up a few things to try a recipe I just saw on a Filipino forum: Coconut milk, a little water, brown sugar, and sliced camote (similar to sweet potatoes - in the U.S., just use sweet potatoes) and brought to a slow boil until camote is done.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Tonight? by labradors (Tonight, I think I'l...)
yum lab, that does sound good!

"Have to get into a swim suit in six weeks!" and where are you and Ron off to.....sounds like sun....heat....I want to go with you!!! Where's Roxanne, no one cries over the internet better than she! : )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com