spinach and tortellini casserole
  Re: (...)
There was a recipe during the summer that was for spinach and tortellini casserole. It was out of this world, and we can not find that issue . Can anyone forward me the recipe?

Thanks
Dave and Janice
  Re: spinach and tortellini casserole by dtcjem (There was a recipe d...)
Was it the Baked Tortellini with boursin cream sauce from the Perfect Pasta Book?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: spinach and tortellini casserole by esgunn (Was it the Baked Tor...)
Welcome to the forum Dave & Janice - can you pin the issue down that the recipe was in, or if it was one of the special books??

I didn't see it in the archives.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: spinach and tortellini casserole by dtcjem (There was a recipe d...)
Welcome to the forum Dave & Janice

Hmmmm...

I don't remember that recipe. Do you remember what else was in it?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: spinach and tortellini casserole by luvnit (Welcome to the forum...)
WELCOME Dave and Janice

That one escapes me as well---I don't remember anything remotely similar to this......but then again, don't go by me!!

Hope to see you again!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: spinach and tortellini casserole by esgunn (Was it the Baked Tor...)
Yes, this was the recipe. It was excellent! We were unable to find boursin cheese and used fontina instead. It was a huge hit, and everyone is asking for it again!!

Thanks for all the replies. If memory serves us right, it came out in the summer, AFTER the issue with the chicken picata recipe.

Thanks
Dave and Janice
  Re: Re: spinach and tortellini casserole by dtcjem (Yes, this was the re...)
Well, I belive the Chicken Picatta issue is in the Preview Issue. We all get that first.

What year was it? I looked through this past spring and summer issues and could not find anything like that. Unless I just plain overlooked it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: spinach and tortellini casserole by luvnit (Well, I belive the C...)
Dave & Janice, as soon as I pick my football teams, I'll type up the recipe for Baked Tortellini boursin and post it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: spinach and tortellini casserole by cjs (Dave & Janice, as so...)
O.K., here you go - man, this sounds so good! (Have you seen the recipes on this forum for making your own boursin cheese??? - there are two or three of them floating around)

Baked Tortellini Boursin
C@H – Perfect Pasta book

C@H note: “I do need to point out that you should use all the sauce, even if it looks like too much. The pasta will absorb most of it during baking.”

For the Topping –
Drizzle with 1 T. olive oil; chop:
1/4 cup pine nuts
Toss Nuts with:
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste

For the Boursin Cream Sauce –
Simmer; Season with:
1 cup chicken broth
2/3 cup whole milk
5.2 oz. pkg. Boursin cheese
3 oz. cream cheese
Pinch of ground nutmeg and cayenne

For The Tortellini and Spinach –
Cook; Top with:
1 lb. fresh cheese-filled tortellini
1/2 lb. frozen leaf spinach
Boursin Cream Sauce
Bread Crumb topping

Preheat oven to 400°F; bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the tortellini and spinach.

Drizzle pine nuts with oil, chop coarsely, and transfer to a bowl.
Toss the nuts with the crumbs and parsley, season with salt & pepper, and set aside.

Simmer broth, milk, Boursin, and cream cheese in a saucepan over med. heat until smooth; season with nutmeg and cayenne.

Cook tortellini and spinach 2-3 min.; drain. Divide among 4 individual baking dishes (about 10 each); and place on a baking sheet.
Pour some of the sauce over each dish then top with bread crumbs. Bake 15 minutes, or till bubbly and lightly browned.

Note: if you don’t have individual dishes, a shallow 2-qt. casserole dish may be used. Prepare the same as for individual servings.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: spinach and tortellini casserole by cjs (O.K., here you go - ...)
Thank you!! As soon as I get back to my office and a printer it is copied. Sounds sooo good!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".