Apple Cheddar Breakfast Bread Pudding
  Re: (...)
Another winner from the Bed & Breakfast website - this is very good! Had it this morning - no champagne...bloody marys instead.

Apple Cheddar Breakfast Bread Pudding
presented by Breakfast on the Connecticut

4 eggs
2 cups whole milk
1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon plus more to sprinkle
1/8 teaspoon salt
7 slices firm white bread (crusts removed, cut into cubes)
1 large apple (peeled, cored and cubed)
2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese (preferably Vermont)

Oven to 350. Butter an 8 inch square pan. In large bowl whisk eggs - add sugar, milk, melted butter, cinnamon and salt. Whisk again until sugar is dissolved. Add bread, apple and cheese and gently stir to combine. Put in buttered dish and bake 35 - 40 minutes until golden and set all the way through. Dust with additional cinnamon and serve warm with warmed New Hampshire Maple Syrup. Dust with confectioner sugar.

-----
I had to bake a little longer, but it was probably because my bread really was not old - it was a little too fresh.

[Image: APPLECHEDDAR.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Apple Cheddar Breakfast Bread Pudding by cjs (Another winner from ...)
Ooooh, can we all say, " YUMMY! "

Looks wonderful Jean. I am sure the Bloody Mary's were good too.

P.S. I finally got a check out to you for the cookbook Can't wait to get it, but no hurry. I know the holidays are upon us.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Breakfast Bread Pudding by luvnit (Ooooh, can we all sa...)
Why thanks, Laura - it'll be in the return mail to you!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Breakfast Bread Pudding by cjs (Why thanks, Laura - ...)
You had me at bread pudding. It sounds great!!!! This one will go in the folder to take with me!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Breakfast Bread Pudding by Lorraine (You had me at bread ...)
Lorraine, it pains me to think of how many meals you guys will have to consume each day...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Breakfast Bread Pudding by cjs (Lorraine, it pains m...)
Printed, thank you Jean. Once upon a time, when I was a student nurse, the cafeteria at Greenlane Hosp. used to serve up a savory pudding thing. It was bread, cooked in a savory custard, but I do not know what herbs were in it. Any suggestions anyone?
Leave it to you to find the perfect recipe for my Mom's Christmas morning. Your cheesecake muffins were a big hit but I've done them twice in a row, so this sounds perfect for my "can't have apple pie without cheddar cheese" mother.

Thank you, copied and printed!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Breakfast Bread Pudding by pjcooks (Leave it to you to f...)
Leave it to you to find the perfect recipe for my Mom's Christmas morning

I was thinking the same thing!!!!

Jean, I left the last folder there, as we didn't have time to make anything. This "holiday" is not shaping up any better, other than when we'll be in Toronto.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Oh my! This looks divine. Printed and saved for Christmas breakfast!! Thanks for posting it - it looks sooooooo good I could lick the screen!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Apple Cheddar Breakfast Bread Pudding by Harborwitch (Oh my! This looks d...)
"can't have apple pie without cheddar cheese" - that's how Roy is also, PJ - Christmas morning, sounds like a good idea - Tracie has been tossing around the idea of the "Grand Rapids First Joseph's Torte - ChezTom" and while that dish is so good, it's so darn much work....may have to negogiate.

vannin, here's a savory bread pudding you might enjoy - we love it...but not an herb in it...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Parmesan-Leek Bread Pudding

3 tablespoons butter
3 leeks\raw -- white part only
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup light cream or half-and-half
4 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 loaf Italian bread -- torn into 1 inch pieces

In a sauté pan over medium heat, gently soften the leeks in butter. After the leeks are tender, remove from heat. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, half-and-half, eggs, seasonings, and cheese. Stir in bread and leeks. Pour mixture into a large baking dish and bake for 35-45 minutes.

Serves 8
www.achefsjourney.com