18 Hour Bread With Roasted Garlic
  Re: (...)
Oh my, now a monster has really been created!! This is so good and I'm still alive so will do again and again.

I added 1/3 cup roasted garlic to the water and then mixed together - really a great garlicky flavor all thru the bread.

Cheese addition is next.....w/the garlic...and maybe some jalapenos or serranos and.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: 18 Hour Bread With Roasted Garlic by cjs (Oh my, now a monster...)
The bowl I usually my bread in is in the dishwasher right now. When it comes out, I will make a batch myself. I'll start roasting my garlic now!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: 18 Hour Bread With Roasted Garlic by luvnit (The bowl I usually m...)
we're cutting slice after slice....just for breakfast and to test, you know.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 18 Hour Bread With Roasted Garlic by cjs (we're cutting slice ...)
It has to be done! I admire your dedication to the task at hand. What a consummate profesional you are Jean.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
Okay, that's the next loaf for sure.

Has anyone tried adding soaked cracked wheat??? We buy a cracked wheat sourdough that Bob loves, but I'm thinking - if it would work?????

Jean, it is Bob's job to mix up the dough at night before bed or while I'm cooking dinner. He's "dough-man" and takes his job very seriously. I'll have the garlic all roasted and ready to go tonight!

Thank you for being the brave and intrepid explorer!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: 18 Hour Bread With Roasted Garlic by Harborwitch (Okay, that's the nex...)
Sharon, if you go to this website: www.breadtopia.com, they have several variations on this bread and even sell sour dough starter, so I'm sure it could be done.

This bread seems to be foolproof. I made the cranberry-pecan and it was really tasty. My husband doesn't care for dried fruit in baked goods, so I made this into two small round loaves and baked on my pizza stone, so I could give one to my dad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: 18 Hour Bread With Roasted Garlic by Mare749 (Sharon, if you go to...)
oh, that sounds good also. I have some grains in the freezer that I'd like to play with also...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 18 Hour Bread With Roasted Garlic by cjs (we're cutting slice ...)
just for breakfast and to test, you know

Yeah, right! LOL

I have never made the 18 hour bread. I'm too afraid I'd eat it all myself. But, being that I'll be in VA for 1 1/2 weeks, at least I'd only eat half. I'll have to go dig up all the old threads on it. Cheese and jalapeno bread is one of his favourites.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: 18 Hour Bread With Roasted Garlic by Lorraine (just for breakfast a...)
Lorraine, I'll send you my "travel copy" - it's just the basics without all the notes/info that you really don't need.
www.achefsjourney.com
Just made this today with the roasted garlic. What a super idea. Just delish!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."