Off Topic - Gift Wrapping
  Re: (...)
Each year I swear I will NOT individually wrap each gift going to one person...just put them in a large box with lots of packing, shredded paper, etc., so each one has to be searched for....here we go again. I don't know how many individual parts one of the gifts consists of, but lots, here I am again wrapping each individually....again
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Off Topic - Gift Wrapping by bjcotton (Each year I swear I ...)
I also dislike gift wrapping. But there is a solution....

Gift bags!!! I love em. Especially when you can find them for $.99 ea. You could probably find great deals at the $1 Store.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Off Topic - Gift Wrapping by bjcotton (Each year I swear I ...)
I love wrapping presents! I have a wrapping station all set up by the tree and I wrap as soon as I buy. Wish I were there, I'd be happy to spend an afternoon wrapping your gifts. Course, you'd have to feed me!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Off Topic - Gift Wrapping by pjcooks (I love wrapping pres...)
I don't care how much you hate wrapping all of them individually, Billy J, you must!!!! We love all the unwrapping - so there!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Off Topic - Gift Wrapping by cjs (I don't care how muc...)
I may just take a page out of Laura's book for some of them though. I am not the world's greatest wrapper, but I'm sure SOMEBODY will appreciate the effort. Some of the stuff is so small I just rolled it up in paper and tied a ribbon around each end...works for me! My lil' sis complained one year she never could find paper to write notes on so I got several packets of Post It notes and wrapped them individually, even the little bitty ones

Billy
  Re: Re: Off Topic - Gift Wrapping by bjcotton (I may just take a pa...)
Do you remember Billy, Carol and you carefully put goodies in those delicious little bags, and I still have them. Too good to throw away. Carol attached the diamond ;Þ D to the bag for Daisy, and I didn't see it at first, a special surprise.
  Re: Re: Off Topic - Gift Wrapping by vannin (Do you remember Bill...)
Carol and I were talking about you, Shane and the doggies yesterday.

Billy
  Re: Re: Off Topic - Gift Wrapping by cjs (I don't care how muc...)
My middle name is Martha. I save paper bags, cut the ends off, turn them inside out, spray them with wter, iron them, then paint them. A big brush, gold paint, you're set! OK, I've only done two this year. LOL I have raffia, I have some gold tinsely kind of stuff, I have every ribbon and bow known to man. And this year, I have no gifts to wrap.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Off Topic - Gift Wrapping by Lorraine (My middle name is Ma...)
Well, darlin', I can see why. Everyone saw them from last year and said, "Girl, that woman is certified Kra---azy!"

I returned to the Dollar Tree and was looking to see if they had some small boxes, etc., to wrap the small gifts in. Well, they didn't; but, they had these sweet little paper sacks with handles, 3 for $1; well, those would work just peachy for *whisper* you know who's little gifts*; then I turned the corner and lo and behold they had all these Christmas stockings and bottle socks, just a dollar each...hee hee hee, I wonder if they'll take the wrapping paper back?

Billy
  Re: Re: Off Topic - Gift Wrapping by bjcotton (Well, darlin', I can...)
I like wrapping presents. I especially like foil paper and stuff that's shiny. And I LOVE curling ribbon!!!
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life