wild ducks.
  Re: (...)
I have two wild ducks in the freezer. Apart from avoiding the pellets, what on earth do I do with them? Have never cooked duck, either wild or well mannered. The breasts are still in the freezer. I can do them without too much trouble, but wild ducks...
  Re: wild ducks. by vannin (I have two wild duck...)
Breast them--marinate in soy sauce and orange juice for 2 hrs. Wrap in bacon and grill 10 min or so until done.
Braise the carcus in water with onion , garlic, celery, salt, pepper-strain when rich and use in gumbo (yum), or in soup or oriental sauces. I like the drumsticks too--very small.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: wild ducks. by vannin (I have two wild duck...)
Several people [including myself] have been cooking duck lately. Here are a few resources for you:

Duck with Horseradish Cream Sauce

Do you like the taste of a slow-roasted prime rib topped with a little of that creamed horseradish? The pungent flavor of the horseradish provides a great accompaniment for a juicy slab of beef. You get pretty much the same result when you pair a creamy horseradish sauce with perfectly cooked duck, goose or antlered game. Not only is it delicious, but it is so simple that you will make this one again and again. If you want yours spicier, add more horseradish or a dash of Tabasco. Don’t forget…if you overcook your ducks, they won’t taste good.

4 servings

4 – 6 duck breast half fillets, skin removed
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons prepared (not creamed) horseradish
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup heavy cream or sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced (optional)

Season breasts with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown breasts on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip breasts over. Cook for 1 minute more. Add wine and garlic and stir into pan to loosen bits of duck. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove duck and let stand for 2 minutes while finishing sauce. Stir remaining ingredients except parsley into pan and cook for 2 minutes. Slice duck, spoon sauce over and top with parsley.

Or you could try this:

Duck Breasts and Beer Sandwich
Jean took a picture of this one. She just cooked it recently and I believe she said she'd do it again.

How’s that for an attention grabber? Well-seasoned duck breasts simmered beer with sweet onions and garlic – oh my! I recommend enjoying this recipe with a full chilled tankard of your favorite foaming ambrosia.

4 servings

6 – 10 duck breast half fillets, skin removed
salt and pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium yellow onions, sliced into thick rings
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons grainy mustard
1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
pinch red pepper flakes
1 cup flat beer (I like to cook this recipe with dark beer)
4 slices provolone cheese (or your favorite)
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 sandwich rolls
4 lettuce leaves
4 tomato slices

Season the duck breasts liberally with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over high heat in a large skillet and sear breasts quickly on both sides, but not past rare. Remove duck and set aside. Add remaining oil and onions. Reduce heat to low and cook onions for 4 to 5 minutes.

Add brown sugar and stir to coat. Cook until sugar has melted and has coated the onions, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Add garlic and next 4 ingredients and simmer until liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Return duck breasts to the pan, cover pan and heat duck breasts to medium-rare.

Remove duck and slice thinly at a diagonal. Mound with onions and peppers in pan and top with cheese until melted. Spread mayonnaise on rolls and add lettuce and tomato. Mound duck, peppers, onions and cheese onto tomato.

Another site you can try for great game recipes is:

The Sporting Chef Recipes - Scott Leysath

Can you tell it's my favorite game recipe site. He also has a cookbook if you are intersted!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: wild ducks. by luvnit (Several people [incl...)
Thank you both.