Blueberry Chutney
  Re: (...)
I'm copying and pasting this recipe here, 'cause it'll get lost in the anise cookie thread. After I welcomed 'Zed' to the forum, I checked out the referenced website and saw this chutney - I have it on the stove as we speak... and does it ever smell good in here. (Well got a pot of Hoppin' John going also, so that helps!)

But as I was making it I noticed some amts. of ingredients were omitted -

Blueberry Chutney

4 cup blueberries, rinsed, fresh and stemmed
1 each onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 cup red wine vinegar (I had some Blueberry vinegar, so used 1/2 & 1/2 that and red wine)
1/2 cup golden raisins (used a mixture of golden and currants)
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 teaspoon yellow mustard seed
1 tablespoon crystalized ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1 salt (used a full 1/2 tsp.)
1 nutmeg, ground (used 1/4 tsp.)
1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes

Place blueberries in 4 quart saucepan; add onion, vinegar, raisins, brown sugar, mustard seed, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and red pepper flakes.

Bring mixture to a boil; simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 45 minutes, or until chutney is thick.

Meanwhile, wash 4 half pint jars. Keep hot until needed. Prepare lids as manufacturer directs. Ladle the hot chutney into 1 hot jar at a time, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Wipe jar rim with a clean, damp cloth. Attach lid. Fill and close remaining jars. Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes (20 minutes 1,001 to 3,000 feet; 25 minutes 3,001 to 6,000 feet; 30 minutes above 6,000 feet)

Notes: Try this chutney with roasted turkey, duck or goose, meat or curries. Mixed with mayonnaise or plain yogurt it makes a piquant dressing for salads made with meat, poulty and fruits.
-----

So we'll see how those amount work.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Blueberry Chutney by cjs (I'm copying and past...)
Oh that sounds wonderful Jean. I wish I had some blueberries right now.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Blueberry Chutney by luvnit (Oh that sounds wonde...)
roy had to run to the store... (it really is fun living in town after so many years!!! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com