Praline Cheesecake for Billy
  Re: (...)
Here you go Billy! It's very yummy! My mom has adopted this one and makes it all the time when she needs to take something to a "do". I figure that's quite a compliment when one's mother takes over a recipe...LOL!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Praline Cheesecake

Recipe By :This recipe was shared with me from a fellow teacher many years ago. Unfortunately, I never recorded her name.
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Dessert

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter
24 ounces cream cheese
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar -- firmly packed
3 eggs
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup pecan halves -- for garnish
Maple syrup
OR
Praline Syrup

Mix crumbs, sugar and butter, and press into a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Cool.

Beat cream cheese and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Sift in flour. Add pecans and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes or until set.

Cool in pan. Remove to serving plate, and brush with syrup and garnish with pecans. Chill for at least 3 hours.

Description:
"This cheese cake is very rich. It tastes amazingly like pralines."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 531 Calories; 30g Fat (49.1% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 64g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 93mg Cholesterol; 266mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 5 1/2 Fat; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

* Exported from MasterCook *

Praline Syrup

Recipe By :Max_Xavier
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Sides and Sauces

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cups dark corn syrup
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup pecans -- pieces
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon butter -- flavoring

Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, and water in a saucepot. Bring to a

boil; boil one minute. Reduce heat; stir in pecans, vanilla and butter flavoring; simmer 5

minutes.

S(Internet Address):
"http://forums.chef2chef.net/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=536882&Searchpage=1&Main=536850&Words=&topic=&Search=true#Post536882"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 179 Calories; 5g Fat (21.9% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 67mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Praline Cheesecake for Billy by Gourmet_Mom (Here you go Billy! ...)
Thank you so much for the recipes! I haven't made a cheesecake in a while because, unfortunately, there aren't many people around that eat it. I'll make one and cut a thin slice for myself and then try to give the rest of it away.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Praline Cheesecake for Billy by bjcotton (Thank you so much fo...)
We're going to a party this coming Saturday, I better make this - I want to taste it, but I sure as h*ll do not want it in my house for any length of time...

Just noticed, that was posted on C2C???? I don't remember seeing it! Glad you posted it here also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Praline Cheesecake for Billy by cjs (We're going to a par...)
Jean, the cheesecake originally came from a coworker many years ago. It called for just maple syrup. When someone from C2C asked for a praline syrup back before Thanksgiving, I copied it to used on Dan's Pumpkin Cheesecake. That was such an awesome paring, I put it with the praline. I didn't think the thing could get any better than the original. I was wrong...LOL!
It's pretty decorated with pecans on top similar to this, but hard to cut. I try to space mine with cuts in mind. Plus, this slice is waaay to big for the average eater...very rich!
[Image: Pumpkin%20Cheesecake%20topped%20with%20Pecans%202.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Praline Cheesecake for Billy by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, the cheesecake...)
That Dan really is the cheese cake king, isn't he?? What a pretty presentation that is.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Praline Cheesecake for Billy by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, the cheesecake...)
Yes, that is a very pretty presentation with the whole pecans. I can see where it would be difficult to slice with the nut meats on top. I wonder if you could chop the nuts? It may be easier to cut perhaps.

Anyway looks georgous Gourmet Mom. Love the photo too. Awesome!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Praline Cheesecake for Billy by luvnit (Yes, that is a very ...)
Growl, growl, slobber, slobber
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy