A Short Story
  Re: (...)
In 1970, my sister Marilee and my mother moved from Portland to Jefferson City, MO to live with me. Marilee was pregnant at the time and the three of us lived in a 10 X 55 trailer with a tip-out. All-in-all it was an enjoyable time. When it came time for the baby to be born we were all together at the hospital and they had decided to take the baby caesarian. All went well and after the mother and daughter were resting comfortably the nurse came in to prepare the birth certificate. Marilee told the nurse she was going to name the baby Randie Dionne. I had argued with her for months to no avail, so I just kept my mouth shut. After the nurse had left, I "had to go to the restroom." I caught the nurse at the nurse's station and told her Marilee had changed her mind and wanted to name the baby Dione Elaine. I kept my mouth shut for a couple of days while she kept calling the poor thing Randie before I told her that wasn't the baby's name. Come hell or high water I wasn't going to have that baby stuck with Randie Dionne! I got my thanks about 15 years later when Dione gave me a kiss and thanked me. She's always been my girl!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: A Short Story by bjcotton (In 1970, my sister M...)
ROTFLMAO Only you would have the absolute audacity to do that Sweetie!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A Short Story by Harborwitch (ROTFLMAO Only you w...)
You're right, Sharon, only Billy!!

I'm glad it all turned out in the end!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: A Short Story by pjcooks (You're right, Sharon...)
OMG, I can't believe you got away with it! Good thing Dione thanked you. Did Marilee smack you when she realized...LOL! I guess it takes balz to do such a thing, but Billy you are outrageous! I'm speechless....ROFLMAO!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Short Story by Gourmet_Mom (OMG, I can't believe...)
That's a great story, Billy. Thanks for sharing that. I'm kind of surprised that you got away with that one!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A Short Story by Mare749 (That's a great story...)
I'd of done something to those balz of his....!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Short Story by cjs (I'd of done somethin...)
Marilee was glad I did it.......later

Billy
  Re: Re: A Short Story by bjcotton ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Uhm, how much later??????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A Short Story by Harborwitch (Uhm, how much later?...)
Oh, it took a few months

Billy
  Re: Re: A Short Story by bjcotton (Oh, it took a few mo...)
LOL Billy!!! Oh lord I think if that had been me you would have ended up in a bed in one of the other wards...icu

I'm glad it all worked out though hahah what a story to tell