I love brioche!
  Re: (...)
During my short stint at chef school some 20 years ago. Many of my classmates fell in love with brioche... including myself. It seemed a couple times a week, someone came in early and made it for all of us to enjoy. We would have it with coffee in the morning and discuss our individual cooking plans together.

PJ's bread pudding recipe with the brioche reminded me of this lovely delicacy I have not had since then. I wanted to make it again and have my hubby enjoy it with me some weekend morning... SOON!

Okay, I found this pic and this recipe. Tell me if this does not look amazing!

Nutella Stuffed Brioche French Toast
[Image: 516790195_8daeada8ee.jpg]

Of course, here is the recipe:

Nutella Stuffed Brioche French Toast
Adapted from Cook's Illustrated

1 egg
3/4 C milk
3 Tbsp AP flour
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted (and more for frying)
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Half loaf of brioche; cut into 8 3/8-in slices (or 3/4 slices)
Nutella, a few tablespoons
Powdered sugar for serving

Whisk the egg, milk, melted butter, flour, sugar, salt, and vanilla together until a smooth, thin batter is formed.

Spread some Nutella on half of the brioche slices and then top with a second slice of brioche, forming 4 Nutella brioche sandwiches about 3/4-in thick.

Add a tablespoon of butter to a nonstick skillet over medium heat.

To ensure even soaking of the bread, pour only half of the batter into a flat dish and soak both sides of 2 brioche pieces. You may not use up all of the batter but this way you don’t oversoak the first two bread pieces, leaving you with not enough batter for the second two pieces.

Once you have soaked the first two slices, remove and start frying them. Pour the remaining half of the batter into the dish and soak the next two pieces of bread.

Fry the French toasts until crisp and brown, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on the first side, flip then fry the second side until crisp and brown also, another minute or so.

Serve with powdered sugar.

***Note: I have never made a 'loaf' of brioche, only those lovely little muffins with the knob on the top. This is something I will have to try first.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: I love brioche! by luvnit (During my short stin...)
I hate to admit it, but I didn't know what brioche was until I read your recipe...then Googled it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Another wonderful looking recipe that my Mom would love but she's beginning to to deadbold the door when she sees me coming (just kidding, but she's trying to lose weight, as if she needs to..)

copied for her, just the same..

PJ
PJ
Okay. Because of this post, I now know of at least one person who has used Nutella. I have never used it, and have hesitated to try it because my taste for nuts tends to be rather limited. I love peanut butter, but not peanuts (it's a texture thing). The hazelnut flavour is also good but, again, I don't like them plain - just in other things and very finely ground. On rare occasions, I don't mind walnuts in recipes, but usually not. If almonds are ground up or slivered, and in a recipe, I like those (they make a fantastic pie crust, too). Otherwise, the only nuts I like to eat plain are macadamias and cashews.

With all that in mind, and knowing that YOU have USED Nutella, is there any way you can describe it enough that I can tell whether, for me, it would be worth getting, instead of just wasting my money?

Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: I love brioche! by labradors (Okay. Because of th...)
If I were to describe Nutella I would say this. It is very creamy and smooth. More of a creamy chocolate than a nutty thing. But if you have ever had Ferrero Rocher chocolates, the creamy center (aside from the roasted whole hazelnut) is Nutella. Yes, the creamy center is actually Nutella!

[Image: FL035_1lg.jpg]
Laura
  Re: Re: I love brioche! by bjcotton (I hate to admit it, ...)
Quote:

I hate to admit it, but I didn't know what brioche was until I read your recipe...then Googled it.

Billy, you will have to make it. You will LOVE it! I don't know if there is a person on the planet that doesn't love this stuff. Do ya trust me?
Laura
  Re: Re: I love brioche! by labradors (Okay. Because of th...)
I'm not a big sweet freak. Everyone knows I do adore peanut butter, and I love dark bittersweet chocolate. However, put a jar of Nutella and a spoon within 5 feet of me and there'll be a war if you touch it, you'll find a fork in your hand!!!

Hazelnuts are another favorite of mine - and Nutella is sooooo good. I buy a jar to make something and eat it instead. Of course I'm one of those that could be happy with just a spoonful (thank God) a day - okay, not happy but okay. Giada does a lot of wonderful looking things with Nutella that I keep meaning to try.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I love brioche! by luvnit (If I were to describ...)
Quote:

If I were to describe Nutella I would say this. It is very creamy and smooth. More of a creamy chocolate than a nutty thing. But if you have ever had Ferrero Rocher chocolates, the creamy center (aside from the roasted whole hazelnut) is Nutella. Yes, the creamy center is actually Nutella!

Thanks. Perfectly done! From that description, I would say that I would probably like it, and it should be worth trying. Oddly enough, it IS available here, else I wouldn't have bothered you for the description.

Thanks again!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: I love brioche! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I was told years ago to add Nutella to my 'survival' pack that I always had at the ready when we lived in the mountains. Bought my first jar, decided we'd better taste to see if we even liked it - had to throw the dam- stuff away, could not stay out of it. IT'S DELICIOUS!!! AND ADDICTIVE!!

"Nutella, a few tablespoons" - a few, yeah right...

Good Lord, that recipe looks wonderful!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I love brioche! by cjs (I was told years ago...)
I have heard the tales from many women who have found themselves lost in jar of Nutella (New-tella) after just one bite.

Apparently, Nutella is made by a company called Ferrero which was founded by the Ferrero family in Italy. Thus, this is where the name Ferrero Rocher comes from. The same company that makes Nutella also makes the candy Ferrero Rocher. Here are some other things they make.

[Image: Productpage_04-02.gif]
Laura