MasterCook 9 - Importing
  Re: (...)
Some time ago I managed to screw up my MC9 to where I couldn't import recipes from the web. I had to cut and paste. Yesterday, I exported all the recipes from each cookbook and then UNINSTALLED MC9. You have to do this by going to START then to PROGRAMS and then to MASTERCOOK. When you put your cursor on MC9 it will drop down a menu, choose UNINSTALL. Once you have uninstalled the program, reboot your computer [if you don't it still won't work]. Once you have rebooted your computer, reinstall MC9. You will have to go through, redesign your recipe formats, reopen your cookbooks and import them. When you get to the import screen, make sure you check the box for importing the categories too. When you have finished all this, you SHOULD once again be able to import recipes from the web.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: MasterCook 9 - Importing by bjcotton (Some time ago I mana...)
Got MasterCook, still can't figure out how to use the darn thing. One of these days my computer and I are going to show up on your doorstep, begging for guidance (and food) Anyone else between the east and west coasts, watch out, I may hit you too

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: MasterCook 9 - Importing by pjcooks (Got MasterCook, stil...)
PJ, if Billy can walk you thru the steps one thing at a time, I think you will be fine - he's brot all of us into the MasterCook world.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: MasterCook 9 - Importing by cjs (PJ, if Billy can wal...)
PJ, if I can learn to use Mastercook, anyone can. When I got my first copy, I think it was MC4, I didn't know how to do anything on a computer except check my email. You probably just haven't had the time to sit down and play with it leisurely and learn a little at a time.

I'm only a few states away, come visit anytime!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: MasterCook 9 - Importing by Mare749 (PJ, if I can learn t...)
Billy, I can import MOST of the time. It's just sometimes it comes up with the nothing is highlighted prompt. It happens a lot on this particular sight. HMMM?

Edited to add...Make a liar outta me why doncha....the darn thing just worked for Jean's Seasame Chicken....Oh well! Must just be a glitch in the system. It seems to be random.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.