Jan 7th Dinner
  Re: (...)
I'm afraid I'm going to have to opt out of this adventure. I will be in the VA hospital for several hours a day throughout the coming week for "tests." They will be doing pancreatic enzyme tests several times each day...my poor arms will have lots of new holes. Also they are going to evaluate my "benign enlarged prostate" to see if they can make it easier for me to urinate. Doesn't this sound like fun?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Jan 7th Dinner by bjcotton (I'm afraid I'm going...)
I'm sorry you're having problems, Billy, hopefully you'll be able to put them behind you early in the new year.

We'll be thinking of you

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Jan 7th Dinner by pjcooks (I'm sorry you're hav...)
With the prostate problem, PJ, the problem will certainly be behind me

Billy
  Re: Re: Jan 7th Dinner by bjcotton (With the prostate pr...)
Punkin we'll be thinking about you! I'll give you a call to make sure you're okay.

Get everything fixed (and tell those doctors to make sure they get it right the first time!) so you can come play with us in the kitchen!! Hurry Hurry!! We need a "Billy fix". We love you Sweetie!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Jan 7th Dinnera by Harborwitch (Punkin we'll be thin...)
Thanks Sharon. I love y'all too! If I had as many needles sticking out of me as I've had stuck in me I'd look like a porcupine! When I went in for the "emergency bypass" I was in the hospital 22 days and never did have the surgery...they put 3 stents in instead on day 21. Told 'em on day 20 if they didn't do something by day 21 I was leaving...they took blood every 4 hours for 21 days to monitor the blood thinners. On day 21 I told them NO MORE blood tests! My arms were solid bruises.

Billy
  Re: Re: Jan 7th Dinnera by bjcotton (Thanks Sharon. I lo...)

Will be praying for you.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Jan 7th Dinner by labradors ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
We will be praying all goes well here too Billy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Jan 7th Dinner by Gourmet_Mom (We will be praying a...)
Oh Billy, sorry to hear this - knockers up, Sweetie! (or chins, or whatever...)

Keep the list for this mystery dinner handy tho, Billy - it's all things you like and I think you'd have fun with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jan 7th Dinner by cjs (Oh Billy, sorry to h...)
Billy, what a horrible week. Hopefully the doctors will sort it all out quickly.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Jan 7th Dinner by Corinne (Billy, what a horrib...)
Take care - hope they'll fix you up better than new!

Sally