Pairs of Glasses, How Many Do You Have?
  Re: (...)
I just ordered my third paid today! I have ordinary glasses with bifocals for everyday; I have a pair that the upper part is a trifocal prescription and the bottom is bifocal for the computer; today I ordered a pair with the upper part ordinary near sighted prescription and the bifocal part a trifocal prescription for driving...can't read my control panels Now that shows I'm getting old
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Pairs of Glasses, How Many Do You Have? by bjcotton (I just ordered my th...)
Just one pair, you know Shane has two pairs, and spends most of his life looking for them. I estimate he spends more time looking for his glasses that he does sleeping.
  Re: Re: Pairs of Glasses, How Many Do You Have? by vannin (Just one pair, you k...)
Just the ones I wear when my contact lenses are out.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Pairs of Glasses, How Many Do You Have? by labradors (Just the ones I wear...)
I guess I'm in-between. When I have my contacts on to correct near-sightedness since childhood, I now need reading glasses...thankfully cheap! Without my contacts, I can read fine. The problem....I read aloud a lot at school, but wear my contacts...thus the reading glasses to read. I can't master walking around reading with the glasses on without walking about like a drunkard...LOL! On a positive note, hubby solved the TV in bed thing last year on our silver wedding anniversary with a BIG 42" plasma! (The kids talked him into it..."Dad it's silver and Mom looks stupid wearing her tinted glasses at night after she takes out her contacts." I refused to buy another pair of regular glasses...LOL!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pairs of Glasses, How Many Do You Have? by Gourmet_Mom (I guess I'm in-betwe...)
I tried one pair with all three prescriptions but could never keep track of the trifocals. I'd move, sneeze, or whatever and then have to hunt for them. Now I leave the driving glasses in the car and the computer glasses by the computer. Think I'll get a chain to hang the regular glasses around my neck since I don't have any hair to stick them in
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Pairs of Glasses, How Many Do You Have? by bjcotton (I tried one pair wit...)
just one pair and lots of clip on sun glasses. I used to have prescription sun glasses, but always had to hunt them down...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pairs of Glasses, How Many Do You Have? by cjs (just one pair and lo...)
Just two, both bi-focals one has transitions lenses for everyday and another for the computer. Don't despair, one choir director we had had 6 pair of glasses! One day he showed up for church with the wrong glasses for conducting - everyone was shoving their glasses at him.
  Re: Re: Pairs of Glasses, How Many Do You Have? by lxxf (Just two, both bi-fo...)
Just one pair of bifocals to wear when my contacts are out. I went with monovision contacts - left eye for near and right eye for distance. Took some getting used to, but now I love them. As a child, I had very good vision, then after about age 40 I started needing glasses to read. I had about 6 pair of readers everywhere! If I forgot my readers at the store, I'd ask my child to read packages and small print signs for me. Always laugh about that because I was sure other shoppers thought me to be illiterate!

Hubby has a regular pair and prescription sunglasses. We look for his glasses quite often.
  Re: Re: Pairs of Glasses, How Many Do You Have? by HomeCulinarian (Just one pair of bif...)
None. I had my vision corrected 3 years ago. Best thing I ever did, I was as blind as a bat. I wore contacts for distance, but needed cheaters to read. So, there were reading glasses in every room in the house and in both cars as well.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pairs of Glasses, How Many Do You Have? by Mare749 (None. I had my visi...)
Just my reading glasses for now but I see bifocals in the not too distant future----oh, and, the sunglasses----a MUST here--the sun is sooo bright and intense especially with the clear skies!!!

I read a great deal---blurring is becoming a problem even though I have the eyes checked every 6 months---tough getting old!!!

And Peter---well---he has one for the computer, one for reading, one for just every other use, presciption sunglasses, presciption shooting glasses (two tints--one for cloudy day, one for sunny day!!!) and guess who has to go searching for the never ending loss of one or another----now to have my sight fixed so that I can find HIS!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy