Goodies from Victoria!
  Re: (...)
What a fun two days we had in Victoria - the Empress hotel (if you've never seen this hotel, make it a must do when in Victoria) their Christmas Tree Lane was still going and this one just fascinated all of us - you really can't see the glasses too well, but it was great.

[Image: treelady.jpg]

I ordered a chacuterie platter (seems I always do) and the flavors were wonderful - and they had a great mustard to go with)

[Image: mydish.jpg]

This was on a sale table - there were four and the folks were nice enough to go scrounging to see if they could find anymore for me, but alas, no. so just have 4 - they are only 3 1/2" high. Just perfect for an amuse bouche, or I'm thinking maybe a couple prawns around the plate with cocktail sauce in the 'martini' glass and maybe those tiny tiny salad shrimp hooked around the edge of the glass (like you do with large shrimp) Any ideas of using this come to you guys????

[Image: horsdish.jpg]

fun time!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Goodies from Victoria! by cjs (What a fun two days ...)
The lunch looks to die for! Why don't I ever think to order something like that?

Those are adorable! Gazpacho in the little glass, olives, little skewers with cucumber cubes, cherry tomatoes, and feta, & little croustades. On a buffet table with little goodies aroung the bottom and variations of a dip or sauce in the glass.

Chocolate & port sorbet with little fruits and chocolates or cookies.

My mind is doing pretty darn good considering Bob just brought me my first cup of coffee!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Goodies from Victoria! by Harborwitch (The lunch looks to d...)
keep 'em coming - sounds great!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Goodies from Victoria! by Harborwitch (The lunch looks to d...)
What a fun time, Jean! We really have to come out that way some day, I have such a fascination with the Northwest, and it seems like there are any number of wonderful places to visit. Glad you had a good time.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Goodies from Victoria! by Mare749 (What a fun time, Jea...)
Sounds great Jean! I'm glad you had a good time!

I was thinking along the same line as Sharon...warm chocolate dipping sauce with some cookies. Yum! I'll have to think a little more on that one. It's a really neat server.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Goodies from Victoria! by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds great Jean! ...)
How about layers of lemon curd, sweetened whip cream, and around the base fresh berries and shortbread for dipping.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Goodies from Victoria! by cjs (What a fun two days ...)
We were at the hotel for an anniversary a few years ago--really a classic--wonderful dinner there too.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Goodies from Victoria! by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds great Jean! ...)
I heard something the other day about a pastry chef at a restaurant somewhere who uses individual butter warmers (with the little tea light under) for individual chocolate fondues!

Bob and I just thought that was so clever.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Goodies from Victoria! by Harborwitch (I heard something th...)
Jean looks like you had a fun time! Was that a cheese in upper right of the chacuterie platter?

And I love those serving cups! Marscapone sorbet with fresh raspberries
  Re: Re: Goodies from Victoria! by DFen911 (Jean looks like you ...)
Yes, Denise - that was a cheese. Can't remember the name of it (didn't write it down), but it sure was good.

These little dishes are sure fun! Erin, took your suggestion and did some lemon curd and whipped cream and made miniatures 'fries' from pound cake. looked so cute!!

[Image: llemon.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com