Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu
  Re: Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu by jend (Is that why they hav...)
Quote:

Is that why they have the Boston Cream cupcakes in the superbowl issue?

--Jen

Just caught this, Jen, Boston Cream cupcakes in the "Superbowl" issue, only a football foodie would think of this!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
How clever of you!

I wonder who the editors are rooting for?
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu by Corinne (How clever of you! ...)
I hate to admit, but I've not been a REAL football fan since the end of the Bears big winning streak waaaay back when. Back then, you couldn't PAY me to miss a pro game, and Monday Night Football was a family "event"! It was at that time the phrase "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOOOOOTBALLLL!" became famous! I miss those days.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu by Gourmet_Mom (I hate to admit, but...)
Was the game last weekend? Am I too late to give ideas?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu by Lorraine (Was the game last we...)
Lorraine, we (the Patriots) are playing on Sunday. Sooo, not too late!! Bring it on!

PJ

Edited to add, the Super Bowl is Feb 3, just realized this was what you were referring to.
PJ
  Re: Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu by pjcooks (Lorraine, we (the Pa...)
My Picky gets more excited about the menu for the Super Bowl than the Valentine's Day dinner.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu by Corinne (My Picky gets more e...)
Quote:

My Picky gets more excited about the menu for the Super Bowl than the Valentine's Day dinner.

Same here, Cory

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
So is everyone going to post their menus? I think it would be fun to compare the superbowl menus! I'll just take notes. I think I may have found a way back into football through food.....LOL! Maybe I'll be in there with the rest of you next year....until then, I'll be watching the game this year eating some of our favorites or maybe some of yours....bring it on!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu by Gourmet_Mom (So is everyone going...)
Here's one from the 1968 Superbowl...take a can of vienna sausages, cut each link lengthwise then liberally sprinkle with Kraft Parmesan cheese. Broil cheese side up for about 1 minute or until cheese begins to brown...serve warm.

That was a joke in case you missed it. We had a thread some time ago in which we did SuperBowl food like that. Some of them were quite funny.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Need Ideas for Super Bowl Menu by Gourmet_Mom (So is everyone going...)
Here's my Super Bowl menu...a pizza from the local convenience store (best pizza I have EVER had and it comes from a GAS STATION...go figure!)

Large size of course and half pepperoni and half sausage with mushrooms on all of it...FYI...I am a LIFELONG Patriots fan but will not see any of this weeks game or even the Super Bowl whether they make it or not...I hold out for NASCAR and Iowa State Football.

Holly's cousin was the Front Tire Carrier for the 11 Nextel Cup car of Denny Hamlin during Hamlin's rookie season and last year was the rear tire carrier for the 88 Snickers car of Ricky Rudd. Those pit crew guys are GREAT athletes...those tires are HEAVY and they move so fast around cars going so fast. Exciting stuff and with a "family" member active in the sport it is fun to watch looking for him on tv. We see him at least once a week on the broadcasts each week.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)