Murphy's Law
  Re: (...)
My brand new Tagine just arrived....and because of this two week health regime I've commited to, I CAN'T USE IT FOR TWO WEEKS!!!! sigh...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Murphy's Law by cjs (My brand new Tagine ...)
Awwww that's too bad. Where did you get your tagine? How big is it? I've been looking for one myself. They are so pretty and just love the shape.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
My goodness, Jean, what in the world are you doing, a liquid fast??? I can't imagine anything going into a tagine that would not be healthy! But then, what would I know, I'm the world's worst dieter.

That would just drive me nuts, and I would have to cook something in it even it if was spinach! What a bummer, hope the two weeks flies by.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Murphy's Law by Mare749 (My goodness, Jean, w...)
Good things, or food, comes to those that wait?
Anticipation! Geeze - I don't know if I could do that. It would be sitting on my counter taunting me - until I gave in!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Murphy's Law by Harborwitch (Anticipation! Geeze...)
thanks Denise, I'll repeat that like a mantra!! It's gonna be hard.

Laura, I order it thru www.CutleryAndMore.com - it's a 1.5 qt. and Cherry Red!! It's gorgeous.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Murphy's Law by cjs (thanks Denise, I'll ...)
Oh my, I am so jealous! That is just gorgeous, Jean! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Murphy's Law by Mare749 (Oh my, I am so jealo...)
Oh Jean! You have more willpower than I have recently given you credit for...LOL! That thing is soo cute, I couldn't do it! From what I've heard and read about the "little fellow", it seems the dishes cooked in it are so yummy and moist and delicious.

As Sharon said....
Quote:

It would be sitting on my counter taunting me - until I gave in!

Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Murphy's Law by Gourmet_Mom (Oh Jean! You have m...)
Hey Jean! How could this be bad for you????

Vegetable Tagine

2 to 3 tbs olive oil
2 onions halved and sliced with their grain
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 oz fresh ginger peeled and chopped
1 or 2 red chiles, seeded and chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp paprika
2 good sized potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
2 good sized carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
2 1/2 cups fresh shelled or frozen peas
1 bunch of cilantro coarsely chopped
3 to 4 tomatoes, sliced
1 tbs butter
salt & pepper

Couscous or bread for serving

Heat the oil in a tagine (or heavy bottom, flameproof casserole) add the onions and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes until they begin to color. Add the garlinc ginger and chiles and cook stirring for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the cumin seeds and paprika, then toss in hte potatoes and carrots. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes and carrots are tender but still firm. Season with salt & pepper to taste.

Preheat the oven to 400 f if using a tagine, or 350 if using a casserole.

Toss in the peas and half the cilantro. Arrange to tomato slices over the top and dot with the butter. Re-cover and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.

Alternatively, transfer the tagine or casserole, uncovered to the oven and bake for 10 minutes if using a tagine, or 15 minutes if using the casserole, until the tomatoes are browned on top.

Garnish with the remaining cilantro and serve hot from the tagine.

This is from "Moroccan - A culinary journey of discovery" It looks amazing - and would taste so good on a blustery day like today.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Murphy's Law by Harborwitch (Hey Jean! How could...)
I think there are certain foods she has to eat. It sounded kinda like the old Mayo Clinic Diet I'm familiar with....grapefruit, bacon, toast....

If it's like that one, you have certain foods you have to eat on certain days. It's a good one. I could just never stick to it, as there were foods I couldn't or wouldn't eat...like cottage cheese with fruit. Now that I think on it...my palate has changed quite a bit since then and I might could do it now....have to take another look.

(Although, I cooked so much, I ate and drank little over the holiday and lost 10 pounds...naaner naaner neener!)

Oh, thanks for the recipe...looks good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.