Pastry "challenge"...
  Re: (...)
In this modern age of Google and other search engines it is tough to challenge anyone to find information and recipes for obscure food items...well I am wondering if anyone knows anything about...

HAMANTASCHEN!

I know a little about it and could Google it just as well as anyone else, but I was just wondering if anyone around here has a recipe, memory or story to tell about the pastry in the "challenge"...I'll stop by here after work tonight and see if anyone has any ideas. Sometime Friday I'll post what I know about hamantaschen and any good recipes I find!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Pastry "challenge"... by firechef (In this modern age o...)
hmmmmm, have not heard of this, but no way in h*ll can I wait until you get home from work to find out about it.....I'm off!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pastry "challenge"... by cjs (hmmmmm, have not hea...)
A little hint...it is a traditional Jewish pastry with a very LONG history!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Pastry "challenge"... by firechef (A little hint...it i...)
I'm already there - with recipes!! In two weeks, I think I'll try them...if this thread is still around to remind me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pastry "challenge"... by cjs (I'm already there - ...)
I have a GREAT recipe and a story--but don't have the time to get into it right now---I'LL BE BACK!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Pastry "challenge"... by Roxanne 21 (I have a GREAT recip...)
Well hurry, Rox...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pastry "challenge"... by Roxanne 21 (I have a GREAT recip...)
Now I have to go look this up, LJ! Sounds intriguing, and you have Jean drooling!

Rox, geesh!! you can't make a comment like that and go away...you know we have no patience here!

Off to look it up~

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Pastry "challenge"... by pjcooks (Now I have to go loo...)
Poor Jean....Just remember The Little Engine That Could..."I think I can, I think I can......."!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pastry "challenge"... by Gourmet_Mom (Poor Jean....Just re...)
They look so good. I am trying to detox from sugar and pics like this make it tough.

I was one big sugar party over the holidays.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Pastry "challenge"... by Corinne (They look so good. ...)
Cory...You have a birthday cake on your head...LOL!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.