Issue #63 Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burgers Recipe
  Re: (...)
I just spotted the burger recipe for the Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burgers Jean mentioned in the What's for dinner thread. Could someone post this recipe. I don't get the mag, yet...will order at the end of the month. (I checked out the sample and was VERY impressed.)

Anyway, hubby LOVES PC and bacon and we do burgers every Sunday afternoon when boating season comes in! This sounds like something I need to try. When I asked DH if he was interested, he said I'm trying to kill him off with food for the insurance...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Issue #63 Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burgers Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (I just spotted the b...)
I made this a LONG time ago----and it was quite good!!

Hang in there, one of our pooh bahs that has access to the Members Plus site will post it----if not, I will.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Issue #63 Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burgers Recipe by Roxanne 21 (I made this a LONG t...)
Here ya go Daphne:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pimiento Cheese & Bacon Burger

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Soups-Stocks-Sandwiches

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
FOR THE PIMIENTO CHEESE
Process; Add:
2 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese -- shredded
salt and cayenne -- to taste
1 jar sliced pimientos, (2 ounces) -- drained
FOR THE BURGERS
Shape, Stuff, and Grill; Top with:
2 pounds ground chuck
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 slices onion (1/4" thick)
Prepared Pimiento Cheese
Serve on:
4 Kaiser rolls, split, toasted
12 strips thick-sliced bacon, cooked
green leaf lettuce
tomato slices

Preheat grill to medium-high.

Process the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Cheddar, and seasonings for the Pimiento Cheese. Add pimientos; pulse to combine.

Shape ground chuck into eight 4-oz portions on wax paper. Press each portion into a 4: patie using a fork, then season with salt and pepper.

Top 4 patties with a slice of onion. Cover with remaining patties, seal edges with a fork, and season again. Grill burgers on an oiled grate for 4 minutes; flip and cook 2 minutes more.

Spoon 1/4 cup Pimiento Cheese on each burger; grill 2 minutes longer. Serve burgers on the rolls with bacon, lettuce, and tomato.

Source:
"CAH, Issue 63, pg 16"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Issue #63 Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burgers Recipe by bjcotton (Here ya go Daphne:[b...)
Hi Billy - feeling better, are you???

Oh Daphne, this is so good. I made them last summmer when I had loads of fresh basil and used that instead of the lettuce - wonderful!!

And since there was just the two of us, I made the called for amount of sauce and used the leftover sauce on baked potatoes, and that was a winner also. (No, now that I think about it, I think I made half the sauce recipe, but still had some left that we used on the potatoes - decadent, but delicious )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Issue #63 Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burgers Recipe by cjs (Hi Billy - feeling b...)
Thanks for asking Jean...kind of, but not holding my breath.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Issue #63 Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burgers Recipe by bjcotton (Thanks for asking Je...)
Dang Billy...I know it is no comparison but I was under the weather the other day myself and it turns out I have an infection due to ulcers in the upper GI tract. The infection is under control but I can't even swallow a glass of water without it burning like crazy.

These burgers sound great! Someday I'll be able to eat again...now I can't do anything without pain and other issues...and these are on the waiting list.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Issue #63 Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burgers Rec by firechef (Dang Billy...I know ...)
...and who is supposed to be the weaker sex?? I'M KIDDING!! Hope you both get back to A1 soon!

(I don't have ulcers, I give them - as my mother always says )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Issue #63 Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burgers Rec by cjs (...and who is suppos...)
Thanks Billy! I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Now if I could just figure out why my import bar has been malfunctioning this weekend.

LJ, I'm glad the infection is taken care of, now to fix you up completely. OUCH!

Hey Jean, I get where your mom's coming from. I've had payback three times over for the ulcers I gave my parents...MY kids...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Issue #63 Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burgers Rec by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Billy! I'm g...)
Nice to see you back, Billy---we are missing ya!!!!

Get well quickly, LJ---you are an awesome addition to this forum!!!!

Nasty things going around these days!!!! GET BETTER Y'ALL!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Issue #63 Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burgers Recipe by bjcotton (Thanks for asking Je...)
Glad to see you back too Billy! Hope you are feeling better.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura