What's for dinner Tuesday?
  Re: (...)
We're going to try the Sirloin Steak stir fry from the most recent issue. Couldn't find fresh edamame at the grocer and settled for frozen. Had to go to two stores to find them! Last night we had the Italian Chili with the Italian Nachos. I made the chili on Sunday afternoon so to let the flavors meld and make it an quick dinner prep for Monday night because I had an evening meeting. The chili was a tastey alternative to regular chili - everyone liked it. Saving review of the "nachos" for later this week for Lab's bday dinner.

Have a great day!
  Re: What's for dinner Tuesday? by HomeCulinarian (We're going to try t...)
Chili sounds so good - we got a little snow and lots of big winds last night.

(I won't even mention what I'm having for dinner, ya'all will sob... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for dinner Tuesday? by HomeCulinarian (We're going to try t...)
I honestly have no idea what we will have for dinner. I'm hoping just to make it through an afternoon playdate for my daughter at the local Burger King!

Hubby is away on a business trip and I am TIRED!!!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday? by mlucas1 (I honestly have no i...)
I'm making Lex's Roast Chicken from CAH Issue 47. It's sooo good. I made it last week but had a little disaster so I have to redeem myself this week.
Tammy
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday? by TwilightKitten (I'm making Lex's Roa...)
"Lex's Roast Chicken" - HOW DID I MISS THIS ONE???? my word, it looks delicious. I'm thinking with a side of white beans (almost a cassoulet), mmmmmmm

(Lord, my next month's menus are all in place just reading all the dishes you all are doing these two weeks!! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday? by TwilightKitten (I'm making Lex's Roa...)
Garlic chicken piccatta with a mushroom/spring onion/lemon sauce, bow-tie pasta with garlic and parsley and corn on the cob----YUMMMM!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday? by Roxanne 21 (Garlic chicken picca...)
"corn on the cob" hurry summer, hurry summer, hurry summer.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday? by cjs ("corn on the cob" hu...)
We can have that all year 'round---but I know I have mentioned that before---yup!!!! I'm spoiled
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday? by Roxanne 21 (We can have that all...)
I'm giving this a try tonight:

Pork chops with creamy mustard sauce

1 lb boneless lean pork chops
Salt and pepper
2 tsp. olive or canola oil
2/3 c (5 oz) evaporated milk
2 TBS Dijon mustard
2 green onions, sliced

Place chops between two pieces of plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4" thickness using a meat mallot or rolling pin. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the pork; cook on each side for two minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet; set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork.

Reduce heat to low. Add evaporated milk; stir in mustard and green onions. Return pork to skillet. Cook one to two minutes (do not boil) or until sauce is lightly thickened, turning pork to coat with sauce.

Serves 4
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday? by Corinne (I'm giving this a tr...)
I don't know how I missed this before I posted my question about the Italian Chili. After seeing your review, that's probably what we will have tonight (probably cutting the recipe in half). We had roast chicken last night with roasted potatoes and roasted asparagus. I also cooked the fresh cranberries I had in the fridge and strained them to make jellied sauce.
We enjoy the simple meals.
Shirley