Chantrelles
  Re: (...)
Hi,

I picked probably 8 lbs of chantrelles yesterday. Made a russian dish with some of them yesterday. Do you have any other suggestions?
  Re: Chantrelles by piano226 (Hi,[br][br]I picked ...)
Well, this one from Lorraine a while back sounds so intriguing to me... I was just going to play with it.

SCALLOPS, CHANTRELLES & EGG ON TOAST

I had come specifically to sample a special they
had been running since earlier in the week; toast topped with sauteed
chantrelles, seared scallops and a poached egg.

Description:
"Lorraine sent me this via email about some restaurant review."
-----
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Chantrelles by piano226 (Hi,[br][br]I picked ...)
Wild Mushroom Soup

1/2 lb shitake mushrooms, divided
1/2 lb chanterelle mushrooms
3/4 lb white mushrooms
3 T fresh lemon juice
6 T butter, divided
1 med red onion, finely chopped, divided
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped, divided
3 T chopped fresh parsley , divided
1 lemon peeled (reserve peel as zest) and cut into quarters
1/2 t thyme leaves
salt and pepper to taste
2 bay leaves
4 C chicken stock
3 C heavy cream
1/2 C Maderia or Marsala ( I like Maderia)
2 T Cognac
1 T cornstarch
2 T water

Sprinlke mushrooms with lemon juice. Thinley slice 1/2 C shitake mushrooms. Cut remaining mushrooms into small cubes; set aside. For garnish, also reserve 1 T butter, 2 T onion, 1 T garlic & 2 T parsley.

Melt remaining 5 T butter in soup pot; saute remaining onion and garlic until golden in color. Add cubed mushrooms, lemon peel and quarters, thyme, salt, pepper, & bay leaves,. Saute over med heat until no liquid remains.

Add stock and bring to a boil, simmer until reduced by 1/4. Remove bay leaves. Add cream & simmer 20 min. STIR IN WINE AND COGNAC. Disolve cornstarch in water & whisk into soup; simmer 10 min. Adjust seasonings

Meanwhile, melt reserved 1 T butter in hot skillet & saute reserved shitakes, onion,garlic, & parsley. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and additional thyme. Serve soup in heated bowls garnished w/ sauteed mushroom mixture and parsley.
Serves 8.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Chantrelles by Old Bay (Wild Mushroom Soup[b...)
" "Lorraine sent me this via email about some restaurant review." "

Now I can't remember what restaurant it was! A friend of mine used to saute chantrelles in butter, and add them to softly scrambled eggs. Geez, they were good!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Chantrelles by Old Bay (Wild Mushroom Soup[b...)
That soup looks wonderful! And the mushrooms are readily available here. Thank!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Chantrelles by Lorraine (That soup looks wond...)
Just used my recently discovered MC9 web tool bar to copy your recipe. I love mushroom soup and this sounds wonderful. I'm going to make it today because I purchased assorted mushrooms to make the mushroom-sherry sauce for the meatloaf, then decided not to make it. So I need to cook them up before they spoil. This will be a treat!
  Re: Re: Chantrelles by Lorraine (That soup looks wond...)
I have made that soup that OldBay posted-----YUMMMM!!!! You will love it if you like mushrooms----even if you don't like mushrooms you will love it!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Chantrelles by Roxanne 21 (I have made that sou...)
That soup sounds good..I think i will try it...I still have some chantrelles left...all we have been eating is chantrelles. I hope I can pick some more as soon as the rain goes away.
  Re: Re: Chantrelles by piano226 (That soup sounds goo...)
I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous!!!!!!! Lucky you!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy