I Wasn't Going To Post This, But...
  Re: (...)
it was just so darn flavorful, that I'm going with it.

Our last night on the Air Force Diet for dinner was:
"Dinner: chicken, tomatoes cooked cabbage, celery, vegetable soup, grapefruit, coffee"

This diet is a two week roatation and last week, the above is exactly what we ate...separately, except for adding the celery to the cabbage for a saute - and it was just darn boring.

What I did this week and why I didn't do this with all the dinners, is make a fun dinner out of the items. In fact, every diet I've ever tried, I've just eaten the listed foods. (sorry, I'm rambling...)

Chicken: I roasted a half (for leftovers) after I rubbed with Rosemary, garlic and a little olive oil
Tomatoes: cut them in half sprayed with Pam and roasted along side of the chicken.
Cabbage/celery/soup: cheated a little here - sauteed the celery and cabbage in a little water and 1/2 T. mirin and the drained off 'soup' from the can of Campbell's Vegetable soup and what we used to call "Good Sh*t" when I was working - kosher salt, garlic powder & white pepper mix.

For presentation, I put a bed of the cabbage mix on the plate and topped with a chicken piece (skin removed for eating, but I did eat one little bite of the crispy little skin) and the heated vegetables from the soup. Added the roasted tomato and viola, it did not look or taste like a diet dish.

[Image: chickencabbagetwo.jpg]

Why I never though of doing this before, who knows, but the challenge sure is fun - I think our mystery bag dinner was lurking in the back of my mind.

Two weeks later...9 lbs. lighter and now ready for some healthy eating, but with bad stuff thrown in also!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: I Wasn't Going To Post This, But... by cjs (it was just so darn ...)
Wow! 9 lbs!

I have been curious about this diet ever since you brought it up. Please post this or tell me where I can find it. I would not mind giving this a go!

Great pictures
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: I Wasn't Going To Post This, But... by cjs (it was just so darn ...)
Looks and sounds good Jean! May just have to look this diet up and see if I have any will power. Pffffffffbbbbbllllltttt! Why do I find myself rolling on the floor, laughing.

You have much more will power than I!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I Wasn't Going To Post This, But... by Harborwitch (Looks and sounds goo...)
Sharon, it's drastic, but the only one that has ever worked for me = to get me going.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Wasn't Going To Post This, But... by cjs (Sharon, it's drastic...)
I can do drastic for two weeks.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: I Wasn't Going To Post This, But... by Lorraine (I can do drastic for...)
Amen! I'd love to know about this also. Did you have to give up wine, too?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I Wasn't Going To Post This, But... by Gourmet_Mom (Amen! I'd love to k...)
lol Gourmet_Mom.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: I Wasn't Going To Post This, But... by Corinne (lol [img]/ubbthreads...)
did I give up wine? NO! No way - but I tried to be careful of the amounts. No blueberry Vodka martinis tho - that was a big sacrafice
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Wasn't Going To Post This, But... by cjs (did I give up wine? ...)
OK, the Vodka lemonades would be a sacrifice, but I think I could make it on the wine...LOL! Besides, with the loss of the lemonades, I might could kick the cigarette habit at the same time. I think I might can do this!

I think I might better try giving up the Vodka and cigarettes first. I don't want to totally shock my system! I'll let you know. I've been thinking about doing this before my birthday anyway. HMMMM?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I Wasn't Going To Post This, But... by Gourmet_Mom (OK, the Vodka lemona...)
"was a big sacrafice" - a big sacrifice also (I are an English major...)
www.achefsjourney.com