Polenta Croutons Recipe
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have a recipe for the polenta croƻtons that are listed with the Simple Cesaer salad recipe.
Thanks
  Re: Polenta Croutons Recipe by Emmasmum (Does anyone have a r...)
Doesn't that sound like a good idea. I'll add my request as well. I had polenta tonight and have leftovers.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Polenta Croutons Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (Doesn't that sound l...)
Here you go - love these little goodies!

Polenta Croutons
(Cuisine at home, April 2005, Issue 50, p. 29)

Makes: 3 Cups Total Time: 20 Minutes + Chilling

Bring to a Boil; Whisk in:
3 cups water
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 t. kosher salt

Stir in:
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Heat; Fry Croutons in:
Vegetable oil 1/2-inch deep

Season with:
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste

Line a baking sheet with 1/2"-high sides (jelly roll pan) with parchment paper; coat with nonstick spray.

Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.

Stir in cornmeal and salt, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in cream and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Spread mixture onto prepared pan and chill until firm, about 2 hours. Cut polenta into cubes the size of playing dice.

Heat oil over medium-high in a nonstick skillet. Fry croutons in batches until golden brown on all sides, turning occasionally. Transfer croutons to a paper towel-lined plate.

Season with remaining Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately. Shown here with Simple Caesar Salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Polenta Croutons Recipe by cjs (Here you go - love ...)
Thanks Jean! This is on the menu for next week along with Chicken Parm and Caesar. (With fresh polenta by then, of course...LOL!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Polenta Croutons Recipe by cjs (Here you go - love ...)
Thank you so much for the recipe. Thought it was strange to get only part of a recipe by email.