What's For Dinner - Saturday?
  Re: (...)
I'm so undecided...there are four or five items I want to play with today... tagine, a couple of recipes from the new LCBO magazine, grilled salmon w/grapefruit Beurre Blanc.....decisions, decisions.

Shoot, which way to go first...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner - Saturday? by cjs (I'm so undecided...t...)
Our Saturday dinner was decided last week. My Hubby has been gone on a mission work week in Juarez builing a home in Anapra. He's home tonight and told me he'd like a big, juicy steak for dinner with sauted mushrooms, a regular baked potato and salad for his welcome home dinner. He'll want no Mexican or Tex/Mex for a while if this year is like the previous four.

I'm about to write our menu for the week and plan to include the grilled salmon w/grapefruit Beurre Blanc, Wild Mushroom soup (posted recently here). From the recent C@H issue - olive braised fennel & Carrots, From my new Cuisine for Two - mojito game hen, and Fruits de mer with fettuccine. Better get organized and get to the store.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Saturday? by HomeCulinarian (Our Saturday dinner ...)
Have to work tonight and in the morning for our monthly brunch but I think I will go prep calzones for at home tonight when I get off.

Holly has been living on oatmeal since a bout with a stomach bug or something the other night so it will be good to get some real food in us again.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Saturday? by HomeCulinarian (Our Saturday dinner ...)
Quote:

From the recent [Email]C@H[/Email] issue - olive braised fennel & Carrots,

OMG This is so good. I actually had the leftovers for breakfast the other morning. Bob and I just loved it. I could go for that weekly.

We've been watching Rick Bayless after the news this week, so I'm thinking Mexican tonight - although the Salmon sounds too good to not have tonight. I'll just toss it to Bob and see what he says. I have a feeling Rick Bayless will win.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Saturday? by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh, the salmon! YUM! I'm finishing my review tonight if hubby gets the ingredients I need while he's in town. If not, I'm up in the air.

Just put in a call for some salmon and grapefruit while he's there....We'll see!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Saturday? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, the salmon! YUM...)
O.K. in honor of Lorraine and her great magazine, LCBO, I'm making one of their pizzas from the newest issue (for those of you who get this) Big-Red Pizza - it's made with a red bell pepper pesto sauce (very flavorful) and topped with shrimp, " 'Za Cheese" (which is a combination of mozz, provolone, cheddar, parm, & asiago), red onion and basil. Looks and sound so darn good!!!

The leftover chix and p.nut sauce from last week's wraps made a great open faced sandwich on Eng. muffins this a.m. with a little (low-fat) cheddar. very tasty! Now, all the leftovers are gone!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Saturday? by cjs (O.K. in honor of Lor...)
I can't wait to hear how the salmon turns out. I've been sick all week so this is my first night cooking in about 6. Basil and goat cheese stuffed chicken breasts, baby yukon potatoes tossed with butter and chives and steamed broccolini.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Saturday? by Trixxee (I can't wait to hear...)
We don't have a big fancy meal on Saturdays. I'm planning to try a recipe a friend gave me for a gouda/apricot preserves panini. They sound yummy and easy. Perfect for a Saturday night!
Shirley
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Saturday? by Trixxee (I can't wait to hear...)
The temp went up into the sixties and the sun came out--Jane is eating what and when she wants--soooo--into the freezer--last fall I jerked and grilled/smoked some pork tenderloins--pulled one out today--made a salad with romaine, sweet onion, English cucumber, grape tomatoes, a garlic/herb dressing with blu cheese crumbles--a little taste of spring--dinner will be lite--loove my freezer!!! (I'll be more creative later).
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Saturday? by smschwag (We don't have a big ...)
I made the Orange and Rosemary Grilled Pork recipe from the C@H Grilling book----added marmalade sweet potatoes and roasted asparagus----what a nice menu this was--light and tasty!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy