Next Dinner - Feb. 11th????
  Re: (...)
Hey there, Erin and Roxanne!! Who wants to pick or what the heck we can do three dinners and you all and Daphne can each pick one? (We can run over into March a little, why not?) So, if Erin wants to go first....

If we get right on this, we can do it
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Next Dinner - Feb. 11th???? by cjs (Hey there, Erin and ...)
Okay---I yield (graciously) to Erin---come on sweetie, jump in!!! We will all enjoy your family choice---even though you will most likely enjoy a dinner out (????)..the day before or after is "good to go"!!!

Daphne---when is Daphne's b'day????

Aquarians are the BESTEST of all ---mellow, sweet, intelligent, giving da da da!!

Feb 11 is a great date---my son's birthday!!!!

I will follow this and engage accordingly----
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Next Dinner - Feb. 11th???? by Roxanne 21 (Okay---I yield (grac...)
So, looks like this is doable???

Erin - dinner to be reviewed 2/11
Roxanne's dinner to be reviewed 2/25
Daphne's dinner to be reviewed 3/10

How does that sound? sounds great to me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
The 11th should work for me - but would also be willing to switch - hubby is out of town until the 7th or 8th.

I have a couple things in mind, but want to do a little more browsing before I commit. I wish Steve was going to be home for the superbowl - there are so many appy's I want to try and would love to have our traditional appetizer and football day. The kids would enjoy it, but it is still not the same. And yes - he will also be gone for my birthday...
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Next Dinner - Feb. 11th???? by esgunn (The 11th should work...)
I can't wait to see the menus. I think this is so much fun!
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Next Dinner - Feb. 11th???? by Corinne (I can't wait to see ...)
Me too, Cory!! Erin, we'll do our damndest to make your birthday fun, so just start picking....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Next Dinner - Feb. 11th???? by cjs (Me too, Cory!! Erin,...)
March is good for me. My subscription order won't go in until Thursday, so I don't think I'll get a mag in the mail in time. But I'm hoping to find a copy of the magazine before then so I can cruise through to make my pick. Either that, or if someone wants to whisper in my ear, I'm good with that, too...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Ok - I have three recipes I came up with - not sure what everyone has tried so far...Everyone is trying so many things from each issue it seems like it is getting harder to pick!

From the newest issue - #67 Feb '08

Table for Two - Taste of Brazil
Coconut Pork Cutlets
Brazilian Style Black Beans

Mexican Pork Fiesta
Mexican Braised Pork Shoulder
Salsa Verde
Roasted Sweet potatoe with Honey Lime glaze
Ultimate Black Beans

From Cusine For Two
Hawaiian Pork Stir-Fry in Pineapple Boats

Dessert - I am a fruit person and have one child who is not a big fan of chocolate. They thought theese two looked really good.

Weeknight Menus II - blueberry lemon shortcake
Feb 2005 Issue - Lemon Bars
Paula Deen Recipe - Orange Brownies

Any votes? When I was looking through the issues it seemed like most things I was inspired for needed to be grilled and it is just too darn cold to grill - also I thought I was not coming across a variety of choices - guess I still didn't accomplish that one - they are all pork! Oops. Didn't realize that until I typed them up.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Next Dinner - Feb. 11th???? by esgunn (Ok - I have three re...)
This is hard. I just looked the 3 up and they all sound good but I vote for 1 of these two:

From the newest issue - #67 Feb '08

Table for Two - Taste of Brazil
Coconut Pork Cutlets
Brazilian Style Black Beans

Mexican Pork Fiesta
Mexican Braised Pork Shoulder
Salsa Verde
Roasted Sweet potatoe with Honey Lime glaze
Ultimate Black Beans

I probably won't ever make a dessert because DPicky would have 1 piece and I'd finish the whole pan.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Next Dinner - Feb. 11th???? by Corinne (This is hard. I jus...)
I vote for the Coconut Pork Cutlets - Billy J, there are no strawberries, so you can play. This does look and sound so good. Great choices, Erin!

Hope everyone else weighs in (so to speak) fast!!
www.achefsjourney.com