Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper?
  Re: (...)
Tonight we're having sliced Mild Italian Chicken sausage mixed with Chicken Pesto sausage in a Peanut sauce with chopped onions mixed in, Basmati Rice and a green salad.

Wha' choo having?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? by bjcotton (Tonight we're having...)
We had (posted this in a different thread) From Weeknigh Menu II - Pork tenderloin with apple salsa (minus the cornbread stuffing) Orzo pilaf, and green beans. It was yummy!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? by esgunn (We had (posted this ...)
We're making the Salmon with Beurre Blanc and Grapefruit, fettuccine and broccoli. My heavy cream went bad, so hubby's gone to the store to get some more so I can finish it.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? by HomeCulinarian (We're making the Sal...)
OH, HC, I want a review on this! It's on my menu for later this week! I haven't purchased the salmon yet, so let me know!

Tonight was Skinny Meatloaf with Sherried Mushroom Sauce and Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower. I reviewed this on other threads, but I will say I did the sauce the RIGHT way this time! It was even better than last time. I'll add again, I'm glad I doubled everything... had an extra BIG eater for dinner!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? by bjcotton (Tonight we're having...)
I just kind of forgot about supper, when you work with food all day, then spend waaaay too much time here reading about it, well................

I suppose I should go see if he's hungry

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? by pjcooks (I just kind of forgo...)
Pj - You are so funny!
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? by esgunn (Pj - You are so funn...)
PJ...so funny! My dinners tend to be AT LEAST a half hour later than need be since I jump on here when I get home...LOL! I unwind here before getting into cook mode. Unfortunately, sometimes I unwind too long!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? by Gourmet_Mom (OH, HC, I want a rev...)
The dinner was a big hit. Used "tamed" aka farm raised salmon and hubby came home with half and half instead of cream. Decided to drink the Chardonnay with dinner so we used vermouth in the sauce. The wind is howling and the temperature is getting to zero, so we broiled rather than grilled. I think grilling would be preferred. Otherwise, followed the recipe posted by Old Bay. Was going to make some rice and then decided to make buttered fettuccine and broccoli. It is a keeper.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? by HomeCulinarian (The dinner was a big...)
We had black bean soup, with pico de gallo and kielbasa.

Sally
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? by lxxf (We had black bean so...)
Sally, Was that a C@H recipe? If so, which one? I am eyeballying 2 different recipes right now...One from the Splendid soups book and one from Feb 2006 issue. I think Hubby would prefer the Feb 06 one.
Erin
The time is flying by.