is there an online recipe index for the magazine?
  Re: (...)
I have been getting Cuisine Magazine since it was first published. Nowadays, I can recall recipe names but can't find the issue they are in. Is there an online recipe index somewhere that I can look up recipe names in and find the proper issue to pull off the shelf?
  Re: is there an online recipe index for the magazine? by cynthia_romer (I have been getting ...)
A while back, HomeCulinarian mad the following suggestion:
Quote:

My solution is to use google's "search this site" for that. The main recipes will show up because they are listed on the pages for back issues. http://www.cuisineathomestore.com/volume...ct=volumes

That search will also return forum posts.

Also, if you go directly to http://www.cuisineathomestore.com/volume...&type=hard, the left-hand column will have links that will take you to listings of the recipes for each issue during that year.

Hmmmm...since that information IS there, but isn't intuitively searchable, and people keep asking about this, I'll look into putting up a webpage with a searchable database - at least unless/until C@H makes something official of their own.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: is there an online recipe index for the magazi by labradors (A while back, HomeCu...)
oh thanks Labs, you're so thoughtful, not to mention computerly talented.
What a great idea!
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: is there an online recipe index for the magazi by farnfam (oh thanks Labs, you'...)
There are two things that the information immediately available to me does NOT have: the page numbers for each recipe, within the original magazine issues, and the age numbers for each recipe, within the book collection.

In setting up the database, I will definitely include fields for those values, but will have to rely upon the rest of you for that information. Therefore, I will include a way for visitors to submit what the page numbers should be. I'll give more details as this gets closer to being ready for use.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: is there an online recipe index for the magazi by labradors (There are two things...)
I just received a comprehensive index with my last renewal. It is a pull out in the center of the magazine.
  Re: Re: is there an online recipe index for the magazi by HomeCulinarian (I just received a co...)
I just went over and got all the recipes listed in each issue. Probably took the long way around, but it worked for me. I wanted just a straight up and down listing without all the picturs and boxes that copying and saving gives me, so did this.

opened 'post' on here, shift + click on lab's reference to the index, shift + clicked on each volume, highlighted/copied that and pasted to the 'post' part of here and then highlighted/copied the nice listing and pasted it to my word document.

Geez, if I knew what I was doing, it probably would have been easier, but it got the job done....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: is there an online recipe index for the magazi by cjs (I just went over and...)
I have no idea where I got it from, but I have a pdf file that's a comprehensive index for issues 1-54.