Superbowl Sunday!
  Re: (...)
Okay, I am not much of a football person, but I do like the superbowl. Really, I just like having TV time with my hubby, great food and fun commercials.

Who are you gonna be with?
What are you eating?
Who are you rooting for?

Me...
It's just gonna be me, my hubby and two small kids running around the house. Our teen will be working. We are gonna have 7-Layer Nachos and wine. Between the Patriots and the Giants... I will say I would like to see the Patriots win, but my reasons have absolutely no reasoning behind it other than this: 1)I would like to go to New England some day, it looks beautiful there, 2) They make good chowder. That's it. Shows how much football I watch.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Superbowl Sunday! by luvnit (Okay, I am not much ...)
Geez, Laura, I didn't even know who was playing until you said it! Can you tell I don't folllow football??? It will just be us 3, (if my SIL ever gets out of Newark, due to weather!). Won't know what I'm cooking until I go grocery shopping tomorrow morning. New England is gorgeous!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
It is just the kids and I. The kids, especially the boys, love to watch football. We watch very little TV in our house, but we do watch football and baseball - so they really have become fans.

I am thinking about making homemade pizza.

The patriots - go to go with the undefeated season!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Superbowl Sunday! by esgunn (It is just the kids ...)
Lorraine, I had to look up who was playing! (lol) I am not up on football, but I will try to get into the spirit of things.

Erin, I was gonna make the homemade deepdish pizza from a 2005 issue, but hubby wanted the nachos. His wish trumps me since I am usually the one who chooses, because I do the shopping and the cooking usually. But the Pizza sounds good to me. Bet your kids will like that too!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Superbowl Sunday! by esgunn (It is just the kids ...)
I expect Marilee and her hubby home sometime tomorrow, otherwise it will be just me and three dogs [well, maybe 2 dogs if I kill that damned puppy] that WON'T be watching it. I didn't know who was playing either and didn't really care Can you tell I'm NOT a fan?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Superbowl Sunday! by bjcotton (I expect Marilee and...)
We'll probbly watch it on and off along with some DVD's we've rented.
It'll just be me and hubby,along with his son, the cat who, of course, will be sitting on his lap
We're having jalapeƱo poppers, homemade pizza w/spinach, mushrooms and pablanos. And a couple 6pks Black&Tan.
Not sure we care who wins yet, but I do enjoy the hang time with Jame, and for sure the buzz
HIC
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Superbowl Sunday! by Lorraine (Geez, Laura, I didn'...)
Lorraine do you know who won the Grey Cup this year? You do know that the NHL season is half over right? Of course you know that I am still ticked at Major League Baseball for moving my Expos...

As for Super Bowl Sunday...we'll probably do spaghetti and meatballs along with some Samuel Adams Cream Stout to celebrate what I hope is yet another Patriots victory...

I have been a Patriots fan for years. I remember getting picked on in grade school for being a Patriots fan in NEW ENGLAND! Everyone was either Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers or Dolphins fans...the Patriots were lousy back then and I would get so teased...now I want them to win one more game just to shut up all of those Dolphins fans about the '72 Dolphins....nothing like a little rivalry...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Superbowl Sunday! by firechef (Lorraine do you know...)
Well, it's just going to be Roy Rogers and me - I'm so tired of missing the game while I entertain others!! This year, I'm old enuf to assert myself and say, "STAY HOME."

We'll start the day with Maryann's breakfast goodie she posted a while back, one/half of a Crab Quiche Florentine and of course, champagne.

Then we'll go on to Chili Beef Tacos - don't know when we'll have this.

Then on to Pulled pork sandwiches and Columbia River Coleslaw on the homemade buns.

For dessert a Weight Watcher's Ice cream bar....

And before the game, I'm going to make the new sauce recipe - Asian Grapefruit Sauce for Salmon (combination of the sauces we've been talking about all week. )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Well, let's see, who will I be routing for

Going to have shrimp cocktail, either lobster salad or just lobster with drawn butter (my vote, easier prep), mini tenderloin sandwiches, bacon scallops w/maple syrup, meatballs, wholegrain nachos (those last 2 are for any children that may be in the house at the time), Toll House, and Don's Blend, a red wine from Lodi we absolutely love.

Looking forward to the evening, we'll light a fire and kick back. It would be perfect if he would clean up afterwards but I won't hold my breath

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Superbowl Sunday! by pjcooks (Well, let's see, who...)
ooops - I've been rooting for the Pats all season, no reason to stop now...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com