Polling for Review
  Re: (...)
Well, I got back from the city safely with magazines in hand and no book. Every dang bookstore in town was SOLD OUT!!!!! I'm ordering it online and hope it comes in. (Decided not to got the library route after Jean said this was her book to cook from for February.)

I got to see baby girl at work. Her manager had her come in today with her hair fixed and info on her and took pics. They won't tell her why, but said it was really good. This is a new job at a brand new Bath and Body Works. I took her to dinner and made a purchase at the shop. I also delivered her replacement cell phone...her screen has been dead for months. It was good to see her. She hasn't been home since Christmas and I miss her terribly. Coming home for dinner once a week has not been possible recently with gas prices what they are and work.

ANYWAY....I got this month's mag and Cuisine for Two. I love both magazines, as I knew I would. But my favorite this month is the Cuisine for Two. I have chosen 3 menus and can't decide which one. I need your opinions. Here goes...

Mojito Game Hens with Fingerling Potatoes and Peas
Blackened Scallops with Southern Succotash
Gyro Chopped Salad with Lamb Chops

I considered the Seafood Boil with Corn and Potatoes, but that seemed like cheating since we have that often....or at least very close. But I will be making that to compare sometime. Plus, it would be expensive.

OK, what's your opinion on the choices? Weigh in! I'm giving it 24 hours before I decide.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Polling for Review by Gourmet_Mom (Well, I got back fro...)
The first one is the only one that comes close to my having the ingredients available here (plus, I don't like scallops, anyway).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Sorry about the book Daphne.

I would vote for the Gyro Chopped salad and lamb chops (even though I don't like lamb) it looks delish, and I will probably make with chicken sometime.

We have had a review on the mojito game hens and you know those are good - those are on my list too!

Good luck deciding. Such a tough decision to labor over.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Polling for Review by esgunn (Sorry about the book...)
You two are no help...LOL! Those were the top two. Hubby (It's his b-day, too.) likes the Gyro (We've never had lamb.) and I liked the chicken. I guess my pick is out since it's already been reviewed. I guess we're down to the gyros or the scallops. There was also a shrimp on veggie fried rice that I will probably make if that helps, since labs doesn't like scallops.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Polling for Review by Gourmet_Mom (You two are no help....)
Even tho' I haven't tried that particular Cuisine for Two recipe, I've got to recommend the lamb chops. It's wonderful when you get young tender lamb. Now,that you've brought it to my attention, I'll have to go check that recipe out
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
Get lamb chops--either New Zealand or Colorado spring lamb--I love lamb chops.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Polling for Review by Old Bay (Get lamb chops--eith...)
Fair enough. Even though I won't be able to participate with those last two menus, I really should say that that WOULD be my first choice, were I to have the lamb available.

Since gyros are made with lamb (at least the authentic ones are), that menu is a "lamby double whammy."

BTW, to be 100% truthful: lamb IS available here, from a couple of Arab families who happen to own two of the hardware stores, a couple of gas stations, and the store where I buy that "Sherry." They don't always have it, though, and it's expensive. In addition, you have to buy a whole lamb (it's your option as to whether it should still be alive when you get it). One certainly won't get fresher lamb than that! Maybe, one day, when I have saved enough money to buy a small chest-style freezer, I'll get one of those whole lambs. Otherwise, I would have to cook and eat the whole thing right away, since the freezer in my refrigerator has other things in it, and very little free space. :-(
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Polling for Review by labradors (Fair enough. Even t...)
Gee, we're gettin closer and closer to the lamb...my first experience. Weigh in everybody.

You know Lab, you could do like Erin and sub chicken.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Polling for Review by Gourmet_Mom (Gee, we're gettin cl...)
"Gyro Chopped Salad with Lamb Chops" - from the above talk, I'm voting for this one.

But, the other two are definitely on 'the list'... And don't worry those of you who don't have the recipe. Later on down the road someone will post it for you - I don't know about you guys, but if I get too far ahead of myself, I lose myself.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I can definitely recommend the Mojito game hen. We didn't make the peas & potatoes, but I think a side with a little more kick than peas & potatoes would be better. Maybe rice & beans?