First Course....
  Re: (...)
Another fun cooking day...
First course was the Crab Quiche Florentine Maryann posted (somewhere) - oh boy, is this ever good! Since we're going to be eating all day, I made half the recipe in a small pie plate and made bread sticks out of the rest.

[Image: Superbowlbrunch.jpg]

Do you like the back drop - I'm trying to learn a little bit about photography for the next two books, so I'm probably going to bore the hell out of all of you for a while... sorry.

Now, I'm going to made the combination Salmon sauces we've been talking about.

The pork is cooking for the pulled pork sandwiches we'll have for dinner - since I needed my big oven for the rest of the day's goodies, I have it in my slow cooker on high and it's staying at just 240 F.

(I may switch over and add this to my blog instead of posting here - unless I'm using C@H recipes....probably a better idea.)

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: First Course.... by cjs (Another fun cooking ...)
Looks good Jean! I've got this set for Wednesday night dinner. I like getting a chance to get a review AND a pretty picture of what I'm going to be eating...YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Looks great Jean. What's in the glass? Cool glass to by the way.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: First Course.... by luvnit (Looks great Jean. W...)
"Cool glass to by the way"

That's the first thing that caught my eye!!!!! And the food looks great, too!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: First Course.... by Lorraine ("Cool glass to by th...)
'tis champagne... and this glass makes the bubbles last forever and forever.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Where would one find the recipe to those beautiful bread sticks??? They look marvelous as Billy Crystal would say....Oh bread sticks, you look marvelous!

The whole thing looks good, but as a bread lover, gotta have those sticks.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: First Course.... by firechef (Where would one find...)
They are just the other half of the can of premade bread dough the recipe calls for. I just sprinkled Salad Supreme on them before baking.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: First Course.... by cjs (They are just the ot...)
That may be but they look good enough to eat...so noted with the recipe.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: First Course.... by firechef (That may be but they...)
Great photo, Jean! It all looks so appetizing. After I saw your post yesterday about making this quiche, I decided to make it also. It really is a good recipe, I think. And your pic makes it look even better! You're not boring anybody with pictures, we love them.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: First Course.... by cjs (They are just the ot...)
Someone of significance said "man cannot live by bread alone", sometimes I'm not quite so sure--I could never be a vegitarian--but a breaditarian? If I could have a strip sirloin and a salad with vinagarette and blu cheese crumbles--oh Lord, day by day--life is good with the things that make it worthwhile. A raw oyster would be nice--it never ends--I could go on---
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".